Chapter 14

Unknown POV

     What the fuck was that just now? It can't be what I think it is right? There's just no way in hell. Just then I felt a presence appear behind me.

          "Brother. Did you sense that as well?"

                    "So I wasn't imagining things..."

             "How is this possible? We made sure this wouldn't happen did we not?"

                   "So we thought. But there is no mistaking it, he has been awoken. The real question is, who has the power to do so? It's impossible for a mere mortal to possess the required amount, that leaves us only two options."

              "What are you suggesting brother?"

                      "Gather everyone immediately, either the demons have gotten ahold of power they shouldn't have or there is a traitor among us..."

                "At once brother..."

      After he had teleported away I went back to contemplating the situation. This is bad, really bad. We convinced that relic it would be best to slumber for another millennium, but it won't take long for him to realize that we had tricked him.

      It will take every single one of us deities just to try to subdue him if it comes down to it. But honestly I seriously doubt it would come to that as long as we take care of this immediately.

      The biggest problem is who or what was able to awaken him. Whomever it may be needs to be found and taken care of. I will not tolerate a traitorous deity nor will I tolerate anything with enough power to threaten our reign.

       Trying to reach out and sense his power again I found myself unable to. After just being awoken I seriously doubt he would have concealed his presence already. There must be something at play that I haven't yet thought of. But what?

        Deciding I need to get a closer look at the situation I summoned one of my servants.

               "You called my lord?"

                          "I need you to go inspect the tomb, you know which one."

                "Has something happened my lord?"

                           "Do not question me. Just do as I have commanded."

                "At once my lord, I shall report back with my findings post haste."

                          "See that you do, now go."

       Once he left I was immediately back to trying to figure out what caused this. It wasn't long before I was informed that the other deities have gathered. Teleporting to the meeting hall I walked to the center and addressed the other deities.

               "Brothers. Sisters. I have summoned you all for a very important reason. We find ourselves in a most unexpected situation. Our worst fears have been realized, he has awoken..."