Recombinant 018 (Various)

Recombinant 018
Pairings: Viper x Killjoy / Reyna x Sage / Fade x Neon

"I get to sleep here? With you?"

Stomach full, all showered and ready to sleep again, Luthor was tucked underneath Viper's blanket and on her bed. It was half past eleven already and the only reason Viper let Luthor stay up so late was because the boy pretty much spent all his day in his own bedroom, initially playing around with his toys before he started feeling all too hungry to be able to enjoy the activity. Though it wouldn't make up for it, Viper decided to allow Luthor to play with one of her stethoscopes, which he used to play with his Viper and Killjoy plushies.

And while the boy occupied himself earlier with his play pretend of being a doctor, Viper tracked Killjoy down through one of her computers in the lab. She was somewhat hoping Killjoy was busy with an urgent matter, because even though that wouldn't be enough of an excuse as to why she forgot her duties with her son, Viper would at least find it a bit understandable.

But then again, it was considerably surprising for Viper to see Killjoy blatantly forget her responsibility with Luthor, especially since they've just recently discussed the boy and their mutual perspective when it came to avoiding negligence.

After a few minutes of tapping through her tablet and using her security passcode, Viper finally accessed the surveillance system, finding Killjoy in one of the server rooms. The latter had a sandwich with her and a can of soda for herself, looking like she possessed not a care in the world. It might seem petty at first glance, but Viper was furious that her girlfriend seemed to be going about her day oh so comfortably, while their son was forgotten and starving for the past couple of hours.

This, of course, explained why Luthor would be sleeping in Viper's room. As much as the boy enjoyed his new space, he still loved the idea of having sleepovers with either or both of his parents. Moments like this felt like a warm reminder that he wasn't alone anymore and, as they said, had nothing to be afraid of.

"Of course." Viper replied, setting the tablet on the bedside table and fixing the blanket on top of the child. "It's the least I can do for you right now, boy. Especially since your mutti and I seemed to have misunderstood one another with your schedule."

"It's okay, Mommy. You and mutti are always busy."

"Not busy enough to forget our son." Viper stated with full certainty, slightly ruffling Luthor's hair before giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Try to get some sleep for now."

"You're leaving?" Luthor asked, his lips forming into that cute, little pout. "I wanna snuggle."

"We can do that after I talk to your mutti."

"Are you two going to fight?"

Viper pursed her lips at the question, finding a bit of difficulty in lying to her son's face. She sighed and said, "Killjoy and I are just going to talk."

"But you two aren't going to yell at each other, right?"

Despite Luthor not being present later on at the scene, Viper found already herself crossing off that option in her head. She was not the type to shout or make a scene out of a matter that could be discussed civilly. "No, Luthor. I won't shout at her."

Luthor still looked visibly reluctant in letting Viper leave, but much to the scientist's luck, the boy finally nodded and pulled the blanket further up to his chin. He peered at his mother for a few seconds before asking, "Can you and mutti sleep here with me? After you talk?"

The conditions being set were honestly getting harder and harder, and unfortunately for Viper, she didn't have the heart to say no to her son right now. But that didn't mean she would say yes, either. She brushed a hand through her hair, sighing once more before replying, "I'll see what I can do. No promises."