Part 24: fight or hide.

( pov narrator)

Lilith and her legion guards and Patrick with hilda and alan continued to stare each other down till some one backs down but still neither side was willing to break just yet.

The tension in the room was nearly suffocating everyone was expecting a fight to break out in mere second's till surprisingly lilith broken the silence.

Liltih " everyone lower you weapons" she ordered her guards who did as asked , though shane was slower to do it then others " i see no point in spilling blood here, i see one way to solve this problem." Patrick made hilda lower her weapons but alan heled his sword still ready.

Patrick " may i ask what exactly that is ?" He asked sceptical of her suggestion.

Lilith " a tradition with my people is to when we can not negotiate with another species, we have a battle to decide who will decide any terms of any agreement. In your peoples case if i win i gain full control of your planet till the darkness is defeated and this planet will join my empire. If you win you will make your own terms of our alliance." Patrick felt this was a better option then all out war but was still unsure.

Patrick " ill think about your offer empress"

Lilith " of course such an agreement to combat is something to think about, take the time you need." Patrick , hilda and alan began to make their way out of the bloodbinger.

Hilda " you can't seriously be thinking of actually fighting her" she wasnt open to the idea of patrick going against lilith.

Patrick " we can discuss this when we return to dreadfort , dont take me for a fool it is a risk but if i can win the red legion will be able to protect us from scorn ... protect my family" they both looked at alan wanting his opinion.

Alan " oh you actually care what i think ? Well. I say you should fight her, I believe that if you win the red legion are the perfect ally we need.... And whatever is commanding the darkness is dangerous and if one of its disciples can destroy planets imagine what the voice in the darkness can do" the other two thought about it, hilda was still not completely on board but she was seeing more of the benefits.

Patrick " we will discus this more when we return to dreadfort." In the distance they were being watched by some of scorns minions, they were outside the sight of red legion.

Heresy " this isnt good" he realised that since the three frost bourne came out alive they arent fighting.

Strife " i have contacted are two spy's in the red legion. The rumours are true, the empress wishes to make an alliance. Against us and fathers master"

Distain " since when do we have... forget it. We will have to inform father of this" they all spread their wings and flew off without being spotted. They began to fly to their hidden base of operations.

( pov scorn)

I was in my secret base waiting for news to be brought back to me as I continued planning my revenge against the frost bourne and how to defeat them easily. As long as no one gets in the way like last time.

Then out of what felt like no where the three of my minions that actually have names came in. I covered my plans and faced them. " what is it im busy" Heresy walked forward.

Heresy " well we now know why the red legion is here , they are here to make an alliance with the frost bourne against our master most likely. Which means it will be an all against you as well" WHAT !!!.

" well , this is a big problem i will need to take this into account... unless. I have an idea but i need time to perfect it. Go on you three" they nodded and all left.