part 38: spells of progess.

( pov lance)

After i had the ... bad memories of what i did to corveses daughter many years ago I decided to actually get up out of bed and continue working on finding something that can help us find the staff pieces before corves does , otherwise this war wont last long for us.

Me and Gwendolyn were of course still sharing a hut in the netherkin base which gave us some privacy. Gwendolyn had gotten up before me it seemed since i was alone. No matter I shall continue my research alone.

I had gone through nearly half the books we had already and so far found nothing that could help us , which wasn't exactly helping but still a chance to find something.

I just hope the others on the other fronts are having Better luck then i am with finding anything in these damn books. Seriously some of these books should just have ever single spell or ability at the beginning with a page number but some of them just dont which makes this difficult.

i began to go through the next have by sitting at a desk by a window , i took off my suit jacket but kept my shirt on since it was surprisingly hot in this room. " hmm 'master the arts to tracking magic' hmm maybe this might have something useful".

I started reading the book and since i was a very fast reading i could go through most of it very quickly till i think i found something i was looking for " hmm ' if you have lost a powerful artefact that you dont want getting into the room hands this spell can help'.... Who wrote this ?..... oh.....me.... " i took a moment to remember i did infect write this book a very long time ago.

"... OH COME ON MAN !!!" I yelled out because i was angry for not remembering this.

A netherkin guard opened the door " umm are you alright sir ?" I nodded and he left , i need to remember theres people everywhere here so i can just keep yelling.

I kept reading it and it was a fairly complex spell to do and it didnt have a range for all the realms so it would only work in the one its in. Now as for what i need , bits of end stone to grind into dust , dirt from a fresh grave , the blood of a undead , cursed salt and .... A freshly made cake wait " i then read a sub text that said 'that's optional if hungry during spell' " hmmm i want cake now.

Ok well the endstone , cursed salt but the rest is gonna be harder to get. Well Gwendolyn isn't exactly undead but i wonder will she cheat the thing and just work for it despite never truly becoming undead and just getting the colour changes from the totem that... lets just say backfired.

Dirt from a fresh grave i can surely find one around here but the cake i have no idea. Last time i checked Gwendolyn doesnt know how to make a cake so maybe ill ask Vanessa. Speaking of if neither of them are around i wonder where they could be, well fighting of course.

I guess for now i can prepare the rest of the stuff while i wait , this ritual may be complex looking but as the end mage im sure i can figure it afterall i did write this book at some point. When i can't remember but i know it was at some point before my exile since it says i wrote it.

After id say about an hour i found an empty room and began setting up the ritual and have it ready for when i get the blood and cake for the finishing touches .... Wait it said i didnt need the cake, then again they dont know that.

And as i thought to myself about this i heard Commotion outside , i walked out of the building to see a small army returning into the base , Gwendolyn and Vanessa among them. They didnt look happy with each other .....i feel in danger.

It wasnt long till they both walked up to me and well i felt scared for my safety " umm hey guys"

Vanessa " so lance " she spoke first as Gwendolyn was about to open her mouth " how long have you two been well you knowing together?" Oh boy im fucked... and not in a good way.