Part 25 : eye on the part.

(Pov narrator)

Not too far from the eternal city but far enough to not be detected by its defences vortex lead his small army of ender demons.

Vortex " steady my soldiers we will wait for the perfect time to strike.... Hopefully something big makes a big distraction that we can exploit and take whatever is inside for our king to use in his Great War"

For now they would wait till something would happen but who knows how long that would be if ever.

( pov lance)

Me and Gwendolyn were in dragon spire waiting for the others to return from the eternal. With no way to contact them we have no idea what is happening over there but we can just hope nothing has gone wrong.

To clear my head of all the things going on i was in my study library near my bedroom reorganising everything since I suddenly for some reason decided everything should be reorganised... surely im not the only person with this problem.

At the same time for probably the fifth time i was looking through them to see is there anything that can help us but so far it is proving the same as the last few times. I have nothing.

How am i meant to win a war with nothing but hope that i will win, rain is pretty much broken after being defeated wether he knows it or not , i cant focus on everything and protect stella at the same time, skylor is injured and the gatekeepers im unsure will help us until she tells them ... the only person i know who will be able to fight no matter what is Gwendolyn.

Oh well and eoin and infernius but well i barely know those two so i have less intent to care, still even with all of them im not sure we can do this.

I heard the door open and Gwendolyn walked in " rambling to yourself again are you ?" Wait was i talking out loud ? ...oh.

" i just feel a bit frustrated" she walked towards me and picked up a book that was on the floor and handed it to me.

Gwendolyn " makes sense just know im here. But as for why i came up here " there's always a but " i have been thinking we should get skylor moved out from here and back to her kingdom. They would have more healers there and she can be getting her forces preparing incase corves attacks" she made a fair point.

" well theres one problem with that , her self. " i used magic and put the book onto a shelf " skylor has always been one of the most stubborn end lords around. Id argue even as much as how ceris use to be" Gwendolyn didnt seem to disagree.

Gwendolyn " yeah and while shes like this shes been even worse. Being basically crippled by corves did a number on her ego , she wants nothing more then 'to drive her fist so far through his face that he will have eyes in the back of his head' those were her words"

" well at least her behaviour has only slightly Changed. Remember how angry she was at me when i tried to flirt with her shortly after we met?" Gwendolyn laughed.

Gwendolyn " she was about to murder you , I remember me and ceris losing it when uhh what was it you said ' hey girl ive got a key for your gates' " she started to laugh uncontrollably as i just remembered I did say that and gods I regretted it.

" well to be fair she was the queen of the gate keepers" she chuckled a little bit more before stopping.

Gwendolyn " well which one of us is going to give her to news?" Id rather not die today.

" why not make infernius do it ?" I asked her since she was the only person he really talked to around here.

Gwendolyn " hes too busy trying to keep kasmeer from murdering him, hes trying to tier her out but shes just like her father. Fast , full of energy and well FUCKING ANNOYING"