Part 43: caught in a vortex.

( pov mara)

I had been working the past day or so pretty much none stop on all the things everyone needs , the air craft thing Eoin wanted of course was gonna be the most time consuming. Everything else just needed finishing touches but i needed to work more on this before i went back to that.

I was working on the inside of the craft and had a section of the floor yet to be put in the place, under the floor i was putting in some wires and stuff. Just cause I understand the science doesnt mean i like to describe it as it should be, im just putting things together and it works.

I was working with my back turned to the back ram opening in the back of the craft and had left it open , which allowed my so called sister to suddenly walk in. Her armour and the metal of the air craft made unmissable clanging sounds.

" what do you want" i pushed myself up out of the hole of wires and took off my safety goggles, i turned and sat on the ground still.

Elise " we havent heard much from your friends but we have heard they have pushed the demons out of the nether which i figured you might want know" for once she says something that doesnt annoy me , progress.

" well is that it ? I have to work here." She seemed a bit upset i just wanted rid of her every time she showed up to talk to me. I then rolled over and began to continue welding wires into the correct spots in the floor.

I then heard her walk up to my left squatting and looked in the hole , she then pointed at one of the wires.

Elise " im not sure you need that, you already have 2 wires going in that spot, I suggest-" oh shes wants to criticise my work ? Oh this wont stand.

I looked up at her " i know what im doing, remember im the smart one here not you. Your the one with the hammer." I always hated that hammer, which pisses me off more when im the one that built it for her. One of my first creations as a gift for her.

Can't remember was it for her 180th or 183rd birthday , yes she was born way way earlier then me. Only adds to the reason i feel my parents loved her more than me.

But when i was born she decided to become a full time warrior for the eternal. My parents supported her but i stuck with what was 'normal' and wasnt completely treated normal. Just all of it all together with everything else i have said to her and my family just adds up.

Elise then let out a sign , i think she just went past her breaking point " just fucking stop, you hate me and i get that but can you just not let it go. Its not like your going to come back with me.... This is gonna be the last time we probably see each other and i want to try make things a little better between us"

" why should i ? You couldnt even remember how long i was gone for." I continued working to try make her leave but she wasnt giving up here.

Elise " yes you have all the right to be angry .... And i can never be sorry enough to you. I understand now that i should have been a better sister , i should have done more and i should have made our parents see you as more." I tried not to pay attention to what she was saying but.... It was seeming genuine that she wanted to make things better.

She then stood up and put out her hands pointing out at the walls of the air craft " i mean look at this, sure you didnt make the original but even just off poorly made sketches by the split personality guy your making a amazing machine."

" are you trying to flatter me ?" I asked almost smiling.

Elise then looked at me again " .... Hmm i just looked at your eyes.... Your tried."

" i feel fine" i said being ignorant.

Elise " mara theres dark marks under your eyes. How about this. You just take a little rest while me and the rifts continue on this. We may not be as smart as you but we know stuff" she was... trying to be nice.