Halloween

I know it's late I'm sorryyy!!!!

Charlie

It's Halloween.

The day I have been the most excited about for the past 5 days, Well that was when we got invited to the party but still. I have been planning my costume since last year and I haven't told Nick anything. I've also made him leave whilst I get ready as I want everything to be a surprise. It isn't some extravagant masterpiece but I'm still so proud of it. Okay so I have around 30 mins before we have to leave with should be enough time. I'm already in my outfit and I just have to do my fave makeup. I grab a black eyeliner and drag it across my waterline, trying my hardest not to blink. God this is so difficult what the hell!! Then I push my eyes together and rub them so the liner goes all Smokey because that's what the people on tiktok told me to do. Literally none of this would be possible without tiktok. I have about as much makeup skills as a slug. I literally cannot do anything creative. Nick was like the creative one and I was academic when we were at school. He used to do Art and holy shit it made me so jealous that he could draw so realistically and the best thing I could do was an eyeball. That was it. They taught us how to draw eyes in year 6 and I never looked back. Every single margin in my book was filled with little eye doodles up until year 10 when they completely stripped us of any creativity in our books. That still pisses me off to this day and I left 2 years ago. Anyway, now I have black eyes im grabbing this eyeliner pen thingy that nick's mom let me borrow, god bless Sarah, and attempting to draw a cross under my right eye. Why do my hands have to be so shaky? I'm literally gonna scream. Thankfully the cross looks.... Well it's a cross at least. Right next is the bit I am the most excited for, I get to give myself a fake scar across my cheek. I actually know how to do this as last year Nick and I went as a werewolf and the victim and I had to do scars on my face and open gashes on Nick's chest. However Nick had an allergic reaction to the fake blood we had to use and we had to take his off which really upset me. His gashes literally took me an hour, but it means that this scar is a piece of piss to do. The only reason I left myself so much time was to do the scar, it takes ages to do but it's worth it.
I examine my outfit in the mirror making sure everything is perfect before I go outside to meet Nick. After a once over I have finally concluded that I am prepared for Nick to see. He called me a while ago saying that he was outside so I wander down to meet him
"Holy- "
"Bye Charlie we're off to your aunts don't get back too late. Also next time don't leave Nick outside it's cold out their have some manners for god's sake" My mom interrupts me.
"Yeah bye" I wave half-arsed. I stare at Nick standing at the bottom of the stairs. His hair is slicked back except for a few stray pieces dangling down over his eyes. He has red contacts along with two blood trickles coming out of either side of his lips. Their are two fang marks in his neck with fake blood dripping from both. He is in a white button down shirt that is only done up a third of the way accompanied by black suit trousers and a long jacket.
"Shit" he finishes my sentence staring at me mouth agape. I make the rest of the way down the stairs to look at him properly. Holy shit.
"You look..." I say I stand closer to him
"Holy shit" he takes my waist in his hands examining my outfit fully
"You are the hottest vampire I ever did see" I scoff, overwhelmed by how good he looks
"Holy shit" he repeats for the third time
"Are you malfunctioning?"
"Holy shit"
"Do you like it?"
"Aye Aye Captain" he smirks staring me up and down. I know his weakness. Pirates "fuck Charlie..." he mumbles under his breath "do you want me dead?"
"I could ask you the same thing mr slutty little vampire" I gesture to his body
A low chuckle rises in his throat
"You know...we don't have to go to the party..." he hooks his fingers underneath my chin and lifts my eyes to meet his "I mean we have an empty house and I think I like this pirate costume a bit too much for other people to see you in it" he leans in closer to my lips and I play into his act for a split second before blurting out
"We promised we would. we bailed last Halloween because of your alleged allergy to fake blood which" I step away and wave over his face "clearly was a ploy to get us to stay home"
"No, I actually did have a reaction. I just bought a different type this year... I really don't want to go, can we stay?" He whines. I give him one of those looks, one where he knows what the answer is. No.
"Please?" He stares me down with the most gentle eyes and I almost cave in
"No we can let elle down again" I sigh. "However, if you behave yourself all night then we can do whatever you want when we get back" I whisper getting as close to him as I can without physically touching him
"And if I don't behave myself?" He breathes before kissing my neck. I feel the fake blood on my skin leave a sticky mark
"Well then you will have a very boring night" I shrug dragging his hand towards the door "C'mon we're gonna be late"

1031 words 😉