Fine (chapter 3)

you make your way to the woman's locker room, feeling a mix of confusion and frustrations that had stemmed from Ghost. In the locker room, you wash the blood and sweat off your face and try to catch your breath. Despite the pain and exhaustion, you feel a sense of satisfaction, knowing that you gave it your all but you also felt frustrated as you got your ass handed to you. The locker room was pretty empty today and at the moment you were the only one in it. You could hear the drip of water from another sink in the room , the quiet of silence filling the room causing the noise to be more prominent as it created a sort of echo effect within the locker room.

You were sore , bleeding and frustrated. Sure this was like every other training day but today was different. He didn't tell you off or anything. You didn't have to run laps today , you didn't really get reprimanded today which was unusual for you as it happened 24/7 regardless of what you were doing , your lieutenant always found something to complain about or yell at you for. Whether it be a dirty Barracks room to the lieutenant or it was a small mistake during training. You always got yelled at no matter what.

Your knuckles were red and irritated as they were turning purplish black , the bruises were setting in and the pain still lurked. The blood is still pouring from your nose and mixing with the water you had washed your face with , the dark crimson dripped down your nose , onto your lips and you let off a deep sigh as you stood over the sink and just let it drip as the sink ran. You never did the whole "tilt your head back" when your nose was bleeding as the blood used to pour down into the back of your throat which really wasn't ideal.

You let it flow , letting it trail down into the drain of the sink. You took a tissue and gently wiped whatever was left after you nose bleed had stopped and you wiped it gently as you looked in the mirror as you did so to make sure you got all of it. You cleaned tattered and bruised knuckles , grabbing a roll of clean white bandages from your locker. The soft cotton meeting the irrated and red , now bruising flesh. You wrapped them gently and you stood with a sigh and you looked them over. Today was not your day but it was slightly better then others.

Your cheek started to bruise and you just felt sore but it didn't matter much to you , you just wanted to pain to go away. After awhile You made your way out of the locker rooms and into the hallway that cut off into four sections. It was cool , dim and quiet along with a few soldiers walking around talking amongst themselves about work and other things. You walked down the hallways keeping to yourself but as you turned the corner on the hallway you saw soap there and he turned to you and his eyes widned as he walked over. He wore a blue shirt with blue jeans along with his tactical vest and brown boots and he looked at you as he looked over your injury's.

"Shit lass , L.T really didn't hold off today did he."
Soaps tone was one of a sympathetic one but it was laced with much concern for you.

Soap was always the one to make sure you were okay as well. In fact he was the one that really made you feel welcomed among the team just like how price did. Soap was always cracking jokes and trying to make you feel less tense and more comfortable when on missions and when around. You were probably most comfortable with him but he knew his limits around you and the do's and donts.
" it's fine I'm fine.."
You say quietly as you didn't look at him and make eye contact as it made you feel uneasy and uncomfortable.

"Your not."
Soap says softly , his Scottish accent being out there and prominent as he spoke to you. He reached out to you , his hand gently coming into contact with your bruising skin on your cheek. His touch gentle and warm as his thumb ghosted over the injury on your face and his gaze softened as he pulled away as he didn't want to cross any boundaries or make you uncomfortable. Soap was really only like this with You , you figured maybe it was him just being friendly but you never bothered with it as you didn't mind as you were comfortable with him and new he wouldn't do anything to you but with everyone else you would've grew tense and uncomfortable.

"If you need ice there's packs you can get from the medics in the medical wing alright."
He says as he looked down and noticed your knuckles as well from when you had been fighting back during the brutal sparring session with ghost.
"Do you want to head to chow with me ? We have like a few minutes until so and I've noticed you haven't really eaten much in the past few days so it would be good to get some food in your system aye?"
Soap offered and you gave a small thankful nod.
"Yeah.."
You replied and soap gave a soft smile.

Your pain was evident and the soreness kicked in for you hoped for better days within to keep yourself away from the Gin.