Heading off ( chapter 30)

As you entered your room you kicked off your boots and you started to undress again. Feeling the cool air agaisnt your legs , your legs riddled in goosebumps as you walked over to your dresser and opened it up , turning on your heel and grabbing your black duffel bag from your closet , seeing all the dust that has accumulated on it , you shrugged. You grabbed your duffel bag and you threw it on your bed before rummaging through your drawers for some decent clothes. As you rummaged around picking out a few pairs of socks and shirts you heard a knock on your door. You grew a bit tense as you were still trying to get ready and you quite weren't as ready as you still needed to change and were only in your socks , underwear and shirt currently. You prayed it wasn't soap or anyone else and you went over to your door being cautious and you opened it a crack to be able to peek out but no show yourself and you soon saw ghost standing about already ready with his bag slung around his shoulder.

He wore black sneakers with black cargos as well as a black short sleeved shirt and his mask. You looked seeing his light pale skin as well as the ight scars that littered his body , his sleeve of tattoos showed as well and you looked him over before letting out a sigh.
"What's you reasoning to summon me."
You joked a little with a blunt tone as you opened the door a bit letting him , before turning your back and going back to your drawer. As he entered your room silently his silence grew louder as he saw you and you turned to him and glared at him a bit.
"Gonna tell me something or what? You wanted to come in so this is what you got."
You uttered as you put on some black cargos and put your black boots back on. You grabbed another shirt and pulled the shirt you currently wore over your head and you threw it to the side and you slipped over a clean white shirt as well as putting your hair up (and if you don't have hair just leave it or if you have short hair you just fix it a bit).

"Thought you'd be ready..."
He spoke up as he closed the door in your room causing you to tense a little but you relaxed a bit as you knew he most likely wouldn't hurt you.
"Well digging for decent underwear wasn't on my agenda for the day but now it is."
You expressed and he let off a small chuckle as he watched you throw whatever clothes you could into the duffle bag as well as throwing in the dress that laswell had given you and you zipped it up.
"You got that lipstick as well to go with your dress?"
He asked and you shot him another glare.
"What ? Gonna put a ring on it too?"
Your eyes narrowed.
"In the future maybe."
He countered and you grew quiet as you heard his reply.

What the fuck does he mean by that now?.

"I'm going to ring your neck."
You huffed.
"You forget we bunked last night or what?"
He looked down at you as his tall stature looked over you.
"That's different...we're still co workers..."
You mumbled.
"What happened to the whole 'no relationships within the ranks' bullshit eh?"
You added.
"I said it was a rule , never said I wouldn't break it"
He shrugged as if it was a normal day and you grew tense before slinging your duffel bag over your shoulder and you grabbed the knife you kept on your 24/7 and you slipped it into your pants pocket. You kept quiet and you walked out of your room , not bothering to fix much and you walked past ghost into the hallway.

You weren't sure but he was giving you hints , hints you weren't so sure about. As much as being in a relationship seems nice and the thought seems like it could be but you knew that you wouldn't go through with it. You wanted to get close but at the same time you kept your distance. You didn't want to get to close as you were afraid you'd get hurt like you did in the past. You didn't want that. You didn't want to feel like that again , hell even now you still feel it. He was being a bit obvious but subtle at the same time with it , even with a man like himself you didn't think he was the type to do anything like that given his nature and reputation, same went for you. You never thought you'd find yourself in the middle of the night going to your lieutenant for reassurance , leading up to you both bunking up together and sleeping together. Nothing happened but even with those events it could've lead to something more.

"Forgetting something?"
Ghost came from behind you and handed you both a fake ID and a decent fire arm , a Glock g19.
"Price wanted me to give these to you as well , before I knocked on your door I went to him. Figured I deliver them to you first instead of wasting time waiting for you to get it yourself"
He says quietly and you took the gun , setting it on safety and you set it on concealed carry pouch that You had on your duffel bag and you took the ID and slipped it into your pocket as well.
"And how are we supposed to get passed airport security with concealed carry? Doesn't seem smart to me."
You looked at him as you reached a corridor.
"I have the papers. We'll get through just don't worry. And yes I know about my damn mask...until we're out of base I keep it on."
He said a bit firmly and you nodded.
"You ugly under there?"
You cocked a eyebrow at him and he smirked under his mask.
"Quite the opposite."
He said smugly as he walked next to you , passing other soldier as you did so , heading to the front of base seeing the outside there was a red car , a Honda. You stepped outside passing other soldiers. Feeling the warm air agaisnt your skin you walked up to the car and gestured for ghost to get a move on as you went to the back of the car and popped the trunk , setting your bag in there and you then entered in the back , seeing there was a driver you scooted in and waited for ghost.

Flights may have started yet none would be delayed for one was smarty and couldn't be played.