Confronted (chapter 5)

A/n- I'm back after like a million years 🤠

It was about 9 o'clock at night now, it was late and most of the other soldiers had already been in the barracks or in the private quarters sleeping.
You stood lurking around as you waited for the coast to clear and you scurried through the hallways and you made your way to the base's roof stairway to get on top of the large building.
The soft tap of your boots was the only thing filling that large void of silence in the air and your soft breathing was palpable. You turned the nob to the door to get into the stairway , your bandages from your knuckles Being met with the cold metal of the door.

You felt the cool draft as you entered the stairwell , a long flight of stairs ahead of you as always. The dirt and dust was nothing new as it was hard to keep everything clean in base. It was either you were fixing Shit throughout the day or simply trying to keep everything clean but that was impossible as all the soldiers were constantly moving and walking around leaving dirt and dust where they went from their boots.
You made sure nobody was around to see and you went into the stairwell and you closed the door behind you , a small creaking noise coming out from the doors slightly rusted hinges.

You started to walk up the stairs as quietly as possible , the soft tapping noise of your boots hitting the floor as you did so. After a minute or two of walking you finally made your way to the top of the stairwell and we're met with another door. You then turned the knob to that door and you were met with a cool breeze and dark sky.
It was cloudy yet dark , the only thing Illuminating the sky was the moon itself and the lights scattered around base grounds and territory.
You had made your way onto the roof , you walked onto it quietly as you closed the door behind you and stood now outside in the open.

You let off a small sigh and you sat down on the cold roof flooring and tucked your knees close to your chest as you wrapped your arms around yourself and you closed your eyes as you let yourself take a breather. You always came up to the roof late at night to take a breather, it was your way of relaxing and keeping calm but that didn't stop you from still being vigilant , you kept your knife on you and you made sure you were somewhat safe on your own for the most part.
You took a deep inhale and the exhaled , calming as your breathing slowly began to relax and be eased but your worries somehow always managed to float its way back into your mind.

You were sore still. Your knuckles hurt like a bitch and you had seen the blood seep through the bandages you had put on regalress if you cleaned your hands or not. You didn't understand what had gotten into ghost. You understood he was a dick but that was just a foul move on his end. Another thing was with soap. He seems really friendly around you , almost to friendly for your liking because you personally thought that nice people could be kinda suspicious but you never really questioned it much but you were still cautious nonetheless.

You heard a small creak come from behind you causing you to open your eyes and jolt up , grabbing your small pocket knife from your boot holding it close as you scanned the area only to find that it had been ghost. Great. You sighed and put your knife away safe in your boot as you didn't have much reason to you use it at the moment but you kept your eyes locked on the masked man. He stood tall , wearing blue jeans , black boots and a black shirt with his mask that made you wonder if he truly ever took it off.

You kept a hard stoic look at him as he stood looking at you , his thoughts ran for a moment as he seen you put your knife away. You had learned from another female officer in the military when you were in basic to keep things like a knife or small canister of pepper spray in your pocket or boot to keep yourself safe from the others in your platoon , barracks ect. Too much harassment goes unpunished and unsaid by people , it's happened so much that it's normalized but others in the military have taught you things to keep yourself safe from potential things like that and you were grateful for it.

"Come to chastise me lieutenant?"
You muttered under your breath and he let off a small barely heard sigh and he walked closer to you causing you to tense. He noticed this but didn't question it , he noticed this too often from you but didn't say anything as he had some sort of small respect for you.
"You know your not supposed to be up here past lights out corect?"
His tone firm as he questioned you for a moment.
"Yes sir..."
You say as your fustrations with him started to show.
"But I'm not here for that at the moment."
He added and then sighed.
"I wanted to talk about earlier...."

He broke the ice.

"What's there to talk about lieutenant? The fact that you practically fucked me up or that you left me after without word as if I'm some fucking punching bag during sparring today?"
You glared as your fustrated tone came out which surprised ghost a little bit. You were usually so quiet and preferred to sit in silence or solitude only talking very little or sometimes making a snarky comment or sarcastic joke once in a while or when you feel like it.
"Listen I know I was a dick today but No l/n...I wanted to apologize.."

You went silent.

He wanted to apologize ? Your thoughts went blank for a moment as you processed the words that had come out of his mouth.
"What I did today..it wasn't right. I'm sorry for being a dick back there earlier in training and for hurting you..."
He muttered quietly as he wanted to get this over with and you just sighed as you saw him look over your knuckles that were bandaged and bloody and the covered cut on your face.
"Okay.."
Is all you said before going silent and he sighed.

"I mean it L/n"
He says a little more firmly as he eyed you down.

"Don't tell me , show me you ass."
You glared.

"Watch your tone l/n"
His tone grew louder and more firm as he spoke and watched as you walked past him , you showed that you were done with the conversation and you walked off without another word and you sighed.

No more words were shared for you had gone to rest , to he was left alone to sit and think as to what could be best.