Lurking issues (chapter 36)

A/n- guess who's dumbass forgot they had a extra chapter so instead of posting that she wrote more and only found out she didn't need to because she had the other chapter wittten , #im tired as shit and exams can go eat dick 😭
Enjoy ladies and gents

You rubbed your face , rubbing off your lipstick that Simon had smeared a few moments ago and you looked towards him as He muttered as he sat up right on the bed and he plugged in the USB.
"See what this holds.."
He smirked at you as he turned on the laptop and opened a file on the desktop ,The program looked complicated with a lot of different options and settings as he looked through the different applications.He scrolled down to the bottom of the menu and selected the file that popped up that was from the usb and you looked at him as your eyes narrowed.
"Everything's monitored?…can't be traced back."
You gestured to the device and he gave a small nod.
"Soaps on it , I can see his linked to it. Probably checking over things before getting us in."
Simon replied as he felt you lean in , watching as he scrolled through a few of the files that all were labeled with codes. Simon's thumbs flew over the keyboard as he typed in a complex, multi-pass password and the laptop whirred to life. As he scrolled through the long list of applications, his eyes landed on one labeled "08467''. He double-clicked it and a new window appeared, filled with a variety of complex code and equations.

Simon turned to you, his eyes lighting up a bit but his gaze soon hardned.
"This is it"
he exclaimed.
"This is the heart of the system. Once soap cracks this, we'll have access to everything. All the feeds an all the records. This is what we've been waiting for."
He added and you looked over as he typed away.
''Just a matter of time.''
You muttered a bit.
''Were in.''
He looked at you and you gazed down at the laptop.
''These are worse than missiles…theres are bio missiles''
You cursed under your breath as you scotched in more and took the laptop from him as you started typing in things.
''fuck…''
You grumbled as you read off the blueprints of what was held inside the cargo.
''Its leading out to a facility..its being watched over by a force called the kortac.''
Simon looked at you and you gave a small nod.
''We need to get this information sent to laswell and the others , i already know that fuckhead from the casino is gonna be out for us.''
You looked at him.

Simon stared at you with intensity, the seriousness of the situation reflected in his eyes as he slowed his thoughts.
"We can't waste any time"
he said.
"We need to get this information to Laswell and the others before that bastard from the casino catches wind of our plans."
He added and You nodded in agreement.
The information contained in the laptop was critical and it would only lead to something bigger than anything.
"I'll send the blueprints and the intel on the Kortac to Laswell and the others."
you said, your hands moving quickly on the keyboard.
"Seems you've taken up the job eh?"
Simon nudges you a bit.
"What? Gonna write a letter to as well to laswell about us and our little dilemma?"
You cocked a brow at him and he rolled his eyes a bit playfully.
"Keep it low and under the radar like we said."
He muttered.
"For someone who has such a reputation is a witty twat."
He added.

"Oh piss off."
You huffed as your eyes narrowed a bit as you then turned back to the laptop, typing quickly while keeping a low profile as soap started to send the information to laswell herself.A few minutes later, the message was sent.
"What about the casino boss?"
You looked at him.
"I'll take care of him, don't worry."
He looked at you.
"You know I can handle myself."
You glared a bit.
"I know , you nearly got us blown to bits a few days ago."
He gives you a "no shit Sherlock" type of look.
As you started sending in the information you heard a bunch of footsteps , causing both you and Simon to grow tense. You instantly went to your thigh holster and grabbed your g19 and you looked towards the door as Simon then grabbed his own gun and instantly got up off the bed as you did as well and he went towards the door and listened in , hearing the slight whispers of other men in the hallway as well as many footsteps.
"There here."
He said lowly towards you as he watched you check your guns clip.
"No shit."
You glared at him as you felt tense , listening in as he heard the men start to try and pick the lock.

For danger was here and the men lurked , for now new corners lied within burk.