Growing trust (chapter 22)

Tw- panic attack , suggestive comments , PTSD  and the normal violence and blood that comes with COD

The air is thick with tension as  you can feel the nerves starting to crawl up your fingertips as you make your way to the training room. With each step you can hear your te shouting of soldiers grow louder and louder and you can't shake the feeling that this is going to go wrong. You never liked going to the training room.'often in the beginning when you first joined you'd get comments made towards you weather it be about your body , gender or whatever you are wearing it always made you tense and uncomfortable but not many other soldiers messed with you as they learned about your reputation over time. No one dared bother you and many who had spent there time around and are seasoned soldiers didn't even want to go near you.

As you approach the door, you take a deep breath and grasp the handle, feeling the cool metal of the lever beneath your hand and without waste of time With a steady hand, you push the door open and step inside.The training room is bright and well-lit, with a large mat taking up the majority of the space. The walls are lined with various training tools and equipment and you can see a few other soldiers already making their way across the training room to exercise. Some stopped there training momentarily and glanced at you before turning back to there workouts and such. You kept quiet as you walked further into the training room and you went over to one of the empty bench racks and you started getting ready for your warm up set.

You grabbed the 25 plates , bringing them over to the bar and carefully yet quickly sliding the weights on each side , About the total weight being 90 pounds. You grabbed a pair of weight clips as well to make sure that the weights didn't slide off during your workout and you made sure that everything was in order and you made sure the rack was stable before setting yourself down into the bench , lying back as you placed your hands on the bar and you took a deep breath before lifting up the bar and going up and down slowly as you started off. As you worked on your warmup you felt a slight burn as your muscles worked but it wasn't enough for you to break a sweat. You thought about ghost as you worked , thinking about last night and how he had come to go and check in on you. You asssumed maybe he thought he fucked up in some way or maybe he was just wondering? You didn't know it but didn't bother questioning it as you had better things to do then wonder about your colleagues.

You carefully finished up your warm up set , feeling the burn in your triceps, biceps and chest as you worked towards your last rep. As you set the bar back on the rack you sat up and you stood , taking off the clips and changing out the weight instead of having a 25 plate you put on a 45. Total weight being 140 pounds. As you placed the weights on and repeated the same process you went back onto the bench and you got ready for your workout. You did 2 reps of 10 , letting your muscles work up as after a while you felt the sweat start to form , slowly running down your forehead and face. You tuned out any of the other sounds around you only focusing on yourself but you still kept alert and vigilant as you went about your daily business.

When you finished up your last rep you barely managed to get the bar onto the rack as you almost failed it which could have caused the bar to fall from your hands and straight onto your neck. As you put the bar back onto the rack you watched as one soldier walked over to you , having a smug grin while looking you over. You grew tense immediately and kept your eyes locked on him.
"Wondering what a pretty lady such as yourself is doing without a spotter , I saw you struggling on your last set and was wondering if you need a spotter?"
The soldier asked with a small smirk, his and making its way to your shoulder and you quickly pushed his hand off of you.
"I'm fine now go."
You glared as you wanted him to go away but he didn't take the hint and he got closer to you.
"You sure ? Yknow maybe once your done we can maybe head off and have some fun?"
He says in a low suspicious tone giving you a sense he had a deeper motive.
"Listen I said I'm fine and No I don't need a spotter."
You repeated a bit more firmly , other soldiers around you stopping in there tracks to see what would happen.