Home sweet home (chapter 18)

A/n- the poetic rizzler has come with a new chapter , been on my grind 💪🏼😎. Enjoy the chapter

You looked in the sky and waited outside as you watched as evac arrive. The loud whirring noise of the helicopter as it hovered over the safe house as it started to land. You've been in the military for a few years, but this is one of the harshest winters you've ever experienced. Snow is falling heavily, and the wind is blowing so hard that it's hard to stand up straight. You and Ghost have been through a lot together but your still trying to understand him but you also are trying to find a reason to trust him.

There was no doubt You're exhausted, cold, and your clothing is stiff and cold , You can barely move as Ghost is also in the same condition. The helicopter hovers above you, and you watch in relief as it lands a short distance away. Doors on the side open, and three military personnel in full gear step out. Turns out it was Gaz , soap and price. You and ghost hurriedly rushed to the copter and you let off a deep exhale and soap gave you a smile as he saw you.
"Thank God you're here, would have thought this one was going to lose her mind."
Ghost says to price as he gestured to you ,his voice barely audible over the sound of the snow and wind. Price nodded and looked towards you.
"Nice to see you both didn't kill each other."
Price said in a light firm tone and soap gestures for you to follow them.

"Missed you."
Soap smirked and you looked at him and huffed as The door opens and you climb inside,feeling the warm air an the safety of the helicopter. The pilot starts the engine and ghost climbs in after you as well as the others and the helicopter rises up into the sky as the doors close. You look out the window and watch as the snow-covered landscape shrinks below you as you guys went higher up in altitude. Soap leans in close to you and speaks in a low voice as he sat next you you.

"You made it. Your alive."
The Scott spoke with a small grin and You gave a small nod.
"Big bastard didn't bother you eh?"
Soap nudged toy as he gestured to ghost:
"No.."
You muttered.
Ghost looked towards you and huffed.
"She made it very clear she didn't want to."
Ghost gestured to your knife at your side and soaps eyes widened and soap looked at you.
"Wait you threatened him?"
Soap cocked an eyebrow at you.
"Had to make it clear."
You glared and soaps gaze softened and he gently placed his hand on your thigh and you tensed a bit and ghost noticed , keeping his eyes on soap with a hard gaze.

"Jhonny..."
Ghost warned and soap instantly pulled away as his eyes watched him.
What was his deal? You thought as you kept quiet before leaning your head back and let the warmth settle onto your body as you felt your temperature start to go up.
"We lost the missiles but we're keeping track on the enemy , we're going to head back and you'll stay on and train and keep back as we try to figure things out."
Price explained and you nodded.
"We almost had the missiles...only if we didn't get fucking caught."
You grumbled and price shook his head.
"Seems you also took a bigger risk almost blowing our fucking heads off."
Ghost looked at you and you glared at him.
"Like I said I didn't have much of a choice."
You replied and price fixed the boonie he wore.

"Did you two do anything over PG?"
Soap joked as he looked at ghost.
"Aside from get a death threat , No."
Ghost muttered as he shot you a small glare.
"Insubordination?"
Price cocked an eyebrow at you and you sighed.
"No sir..."
You muttered and soap nudged you.
"Seems someone is still cranky. Don't worry you'll be home soon."
Soap joked and his grin sorta dropped as he saw you keep quiet.
"Did you and the L.T get it in?"
Gaz asked as a home and you glared at him as well as ghost did and Gaz gave a nervous chuckle and kept quiet.
"You don't look good you okay soul?"
Soap asked as he saw your growing exhaustion.
"I'm fine."
You say bluntly even though it wasn't true.
"Didn't sleep much , barely ate and would rather freeze."
Ghost muttered and price turned towards you an you still kept quiet.
"We did share a sleeping bag at one point to conserve body heat. Didn't let up , she kept awake."
Ghost added and you huffed.

"I'm guessing that's when she threatened you."
Price looked at you with a bit surprised look and you looked away.
"Respectfully."
You countered.

It was a matter of time before you've all headed back for you knew you wouldn't get slack, it was a long wait for now you were going home for you too couldn't wait any longer as it felt like death row.