You Cuddle

Kai walks up behind you and grins sneakily. "Hey, y/n..."

"Yeah?" you ask suspiciously.

"I want to show you something. Come on." Kai takes your hand and leads you down the hall. He stops in front of the closet and points at the door. "In there."

You open the closet door and step inside. You look around, but there's just a scattered assortment of brooms, mops, buckets, and other cleaning supplies.

"I don't see anything in—" You're cut off as Kai steps into the closet too and closes the door behind him. "Kai? What the heck?"

"Sorry," Kai says. "But if the guys saw what I was about to do, I'd never hear the end of it."

"And what would that—mmpf!" Kai cuts you off by kissing you and wrapping his arms around you. You hesitate, then shrug mentally and lean in to the kiss. After all, if Kai tries anything stupid, you can just tell Sensei Wu. And it's not like you're completely defenseless, either.

When Kai finally pulls away, he explains, "I wanted to try cuddling, but like I said, if I got caught, I'd never hear the end of it."

"You know that this is the first place people will check, right? Everyone hides in closets."

"I know," Kai says smugly. "Everyone hides in closets. That's why they'll never think to look in here."

"I don't quite follow your logic," you tell him. "If everyone hides in closets, won't this be the first place people check?"

Kai chuckles. "Relax, y/n. As long as we don't make too much noise, they'll never find us. Now are we gonna cuddle or not?"

"Okay..." you say hesitantly.

"Come on, y/n, chill," Kai pulls you closer and leans against the door. You burrow into his chest, listen to his heartbeat, and slowly relax.

You're rudely interrupted a few minutes in when someone yanks the door open, and you and Kai overbalance and fall out of the closet. You hear a startled yelp, followed by whoops and laughter.

"Can you say, 'closet romantic?'" Cole laughs.

"Literally!" Jay adds. He doubles over, hooting with laughter.

You push yourself up on your elbows and glare at Kai. "They'll never find us," you mimic sarcastically.

"Shut up," Kai mumbles.

Cole chuckles. "Actually, we weren't looking for you. Jay was fooling around with his elemental powers and broke half the lightbulbs in the training room."

Jay finally gets his laughter under control. "Oh man, I wish I had a camera! Cole opened the door and you two were just like thump!" He uses a hand gesture to show what he means and bursts out laughing again.

"Yeah, hilarious," Kai grunts. "Now, if you two don't mind, y/n and I were in the middle of something."

"The operative word being were," you shoot back. "No more cuddles for you, Mr. Fire Ninja."