Searching For You

Your POV

You groan and slowly open your eyes. At first, you're just conscious of a pounding headache. Then everything else comes back—being grabbed from behind, trying to call Kai, being blinded and knocked out.

You're tied to a chair in the middle of a concrete room—probably a basement. The only light is coming from a bare lightbulb in the middle of the ceiling. There's a small window high on one wall, but it must either be dark or cloudy outside, because there's no light coming through it.

As the fog from being drugged slowly lifts, you realize that you're not alone. Someone else is there with you.

You glare at the man who's sitting in a chair next to what looks like the only door. "Dad?! You did this?"

"Y/n, hear me out," your dad says.

"Hear you out? You've kidnapped me and tied me up in a basement somewhere, and you want me to hear you out?! I don't think so."

Your dad sighs. "If you would just listen to me—"

You roll your eyes. "There's a better chance of me listening to whatever goons you hired to kidnap me than of me listening to you."

"Fine." Your dad reaches over to the door and pushes it open. "Come on in, General Kozu."

"Wait, what?"

A four-armed stone warrior walks through the door and says a few words in a guttural language.

You shake your head. "Crap."

Kai's POV

I'm not far along in my search when I get a call from b/f/n. "I found...y/n's bag..." she gasps. "Near the bus stop..."

"I'm on my way." I rev my bike and zoom toward Ninjago City. Whoever took y/n is going to pay. I'm going to find them and get her back if I have to tear Ninjago City down one building at a time.

B/f/n is waiting at the bus stop with y/n's f/c shoulder bag in her hands.

"Are you sure it's hers?" I ask. I know I'm grasping at straws, but I don't care.

B/f/n nods. "It's hers. She wrote her name on the inside of the strap. And I found this." She hands me a cracked CD case with a crushed bow stuck to it and a note that says Happy Birthday, Kai!

"I think it fell out when..." B/f/n chokes up and bursts into tears. I give her a hug and pat her back gently. She must be really upset, because she doesn't try to push me away. I know just how she feels. There's nothing I can say to make her feel better. That's when I realize there are tears streaming down my face again as well.

Y/n, where are you?