B/f/n's Wrath is Not to be Underestimated

The good news: you survived b/f/n's lecture about not setting up your best friend.

The bad news: you don't know if Kai is going to survive b/f/n once he's better.

Right now, you and the ninja, excluding Kai and Lloyd, are gathered in the living room for an emergency damage-control meeting.

"Guys, Operation Get B/f/n and Lloyd Together is officially compromised," you announce. "So the question is, do we wait here and get it over with, or do we run for our lives while b/f/n and Lloyd decide what to do with us?"

"Wait, does this mean no more codenames?" Jay asks. Cole groans. You decide to ignore both of them.

Zane frowns, a thoughtful look on his face. "This is indeed worrisome. However, b/f/n and Lloyd are our friends. I'm sure they can forgive us."

You shake your head. "I'm serious, guys. You don't want to underestimate b/f/n when she's mad. And I don't even want to know how dangerous she'll be with Lloyd on her side. Remember what he did to her old boyfriend when he cheated on her?" The rest of the ninja wince.

"Well, if worst comes to worst, we can always blame it on Kai," Jay says with a nervous chuckle. "After all, it was his idea in the first place."

You point at him and give him the Look of Death. "No way, Jay. First of all, if we blame Kai she'll kill him for sure, or at least seriously hurt him. Second, we all helped out with this, so we all need to take our fair share of the blame."

Cole folds his arms. "I hate taking the blame. And can I just take a minute to point out that I didn't want to do this in the first place?"

Everyone else in the room choruses, "No."

Your powwow is interrupted when b/f/n opens the door and walks in with Lloyd. She looks calm, which means that either she's forgiven you or you're all about to die. You look at Lloyd, but his expression doesn't give you any clues about which it is. The room quiets down almost immediately, and most of you fidget nervously. Zane is the only one who looks calm, but him being the ninja of ice and a nindroid might have something to do with that.

B/f/n waits until you're all suitably nervous before she finally speaks.

"After a long discussion, Lloyd and I have decided not to punish you."

"What?" You gape at her in a mixture of surprise and relief. "Why not?"

Lloyd flushes as b/f/n continues, "Because, well, if it wasn't for you guys, we probably wouldn't be going out on Friday." Jay opens his mouth. "And if anyone says, 'I told you so,' I'm going to change my mind about punishment!" He squeaks and shuts his mouth again.

You do your best to hide a grin while you plan out what you're going to say to Kai. He may be safe from b/f/n, but that doesn't mean he's going to be safe from you.