You Go On Tour

"I'm gonna miss you, y/n," Kai says.

You sigh and look down at the suitcases stacked against the wall. "I know. I'll miss you too. But it's only for two months."

Your first album was a smash hit. It sold thousands of copies in its first week on the shelves, and even after a month, they're still selling as fast as b/f/n can produce them. At graduation, you were a girl with a few dreams and a CD. Now you're a famous music star.

"It's gonna feel like two years, though," Kai groans. "I mean, I know this is a thing you kind of have to do and all, but..."

"I don't like it either," you sigh. "We'll get through it."

Kai nods. "We'll get through it."

"Don't meet another girl while I'm gone, okay?" you say.

Kai pulls you close and hugs you. "Don't meet another guy while you're out there being famous, okay?"

"Don't be ridiculous," you murmur. "You know you're the only one for me."

B/f/n honks the horn on her car a few times to get your attention. "Are you coming?" she yells.

"Yes!" you yell back. "But would you mind letting me finish saying goodbye first?"

B/f/n lets out an over-exaggerated sigh. "Hurry up! I've got your suitcases in the trunk and everything!"

"When did she do that?" you wonder out loud.

Kai smirks. "It was while you were distracted by my awesomeness." You swat his shoulder.

You and Kai lean closer and share a long goodbye kiss. You stay there until b/f/n leans on the horn for a solid minute.

'Fine!" you yell. "Sheesh!" You take a step back, but get jerked to a stop by the necklace you're wearing. Somehow, your half of the charm linked together with Kai's, holding you together.

You and Kai laugh quietly and extricate yourselves from the link. Then you head out the door.

"I'll call you every day," you promise. "And write. And if I've still got free time, I'll text."

Kai sighs. "What am I going to do without listening to you telling me that my hair looks weird twenty times a day?"

You shrug. "Well, you could get Jay to do it."

"It wouldn't be the same, though," Kai complains.

B/f/n prevents you from retorting with more honking. You sigh, but give Kai one last goodbye kiss and climb into the car. B/f/n starts the engine and drives down the road.

You lean out the window and wave until you can't see Kai anymore. You don't sit down until b/f/n uses her controls to roll the window up.

Your phone chimes with a text. Not surprisingly, it's from Kai.

HotHead: I miss you already.

Y/u: I miss you too.