Making Up

You've spent the past week thinking about Kai. You want to apologize to him, but you're not sure how to do it. Finally, you just make up your mind to just go to the monastery and apologize. Oh, and get your CD back.

You knock on the front door of the monastery and are greeted by Lloyd.

"Hey, y/n," he says glumly. "Are you here to talk to Kai?"

You nod. "Where is he?"

Lloyd points up the stairs. "He's in his room. But be careful-he's been throwing things at anyone who tries to go in there."

"I'll risk it." You head up the stairs and knock on Kai's door.

"Go away!" Kai yells. You open the door and head inside anyway, then duck when a VHS tape sails past you and hits the wall.

"Hey! Cease fire!" you yell.

Kai stops with another tape in his hand. "Y/n?"

"No, I'm the mailman," you reply sarcastically, straightening up.

There's silence for a minute. Then you and Kai both start talking at once.

"Y/n, I'm really sorry-"

"Kai, I screwed up so bad-"

"-I swear I didn't mean it-"

"-I never should have said that-"

"-please forgive me?"

You and Kai stare at each other for a minute, then burst out laughing and hug each other.

"I really missed you, y/n," Kai whispers.

"Same," you whisper back.

"I mean, who else is going to tell me I have stupid hair?" Kai says with a grin.

You grin. "Probably the same person who tells you that you suck at the Dance-O-Tron."

Kai sighs. "I'm never gonna live that down, am I?"

"Never."

Kai laughs. "It's good to have you back."

"Same," You say with a grin.

Kai raises his eyebrows. "Is that all you can say? Same?"

"Same," you repeat.

"I've chosen a terrible person for my girlfriend," Kai mutters jokingly.

"Yes, you have," you tell him.

Kai sighs and looks into your eyes. "But I love you anyway."

You open your mouth to answer and Kai gives you a warning look. You smile innocently and hold out your hands in a who, me? gesture.

Kai chuckles quietly. "Out of all the people in the world, how did I get lucky enough to end up with you?"

"Who else would go to prom with me?"

Kai raises his eyebrows. "Making a few assumptions here, aren't you?"

"Well, you will go with me, right?" you ask.

Kai hugs you close. "Like I'd ever say no."