Chills

The soft chimes of Christmas carols echoed through the house, mingling with the sound of excited whispers and rustling presents. Suddenly, a loud voice shattered the peaceful morning, "WAKE UP ITS CHRISTMAS!" Dad's boisterous tone roused me from my slumber, causing me to shoot up in bed and groan at the unwelcome intrusion.

I buried my head under the covers, trying to block out the overwhelming energy of the holiday. But Dad was not taking no for an answer as he tore off my blankets and dragged me out of bed. "NO! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" He exclaimed, his red outfit making him look like a jolly Santa. "The first Christmas we are spending together in nearly 15 years," he added with a hint of nostalgia.

I reluctantly followed him down the stairs to the living room where a magnificent Christmas tree stood tall, adorned with twinkling lights and colorful ornaments. The rest of the Weasley family - minus Percy - were gathered around it, along with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, my fathers, and Harry. My tired eyes widened in surprise as I noticed Mr. Weasley sitting in a wheelchair, looking healthier.

"Mr. Weasley!" I exclaimed with genuine joy as I made my way over to him.

"Hello Y/n!" He beamed, enveloping me in a warm hug.

"I thought you were still in the hospital?" I asked with concern.

"They let him go," Mrs. Weasley chimed in happily, holding her husband's hand.

"That's great news," I smiled brightly before Father interrupted our conversation.

"Sit down Y/n," he instructed, pointing to a spot on the floor near Fred. I grabbed a blanket and pillow from the couch and settled down next to him, feeling grateful for the familiar comfort of his presence. As Fred absentmindedly played with my hair, I couldn't help but feel relaxed and content. Soon enough, the soothing sounds of Christmas music and gentle chatter lulled me into a peaceful slumber.

But it didn't last long. Before I knew it, I was being rudely awakened by Dad and Harry yelling in my ear. Still half-asleep, I instinctively lashed out and punched them both in the face. "Fuck you," I grumbled into my pillow, refusing to let their playful antics ruin my peaceful moment.

Hermione pulled me up to sit beside her"How late did you stay up?" she asked, concern etched on her face.

"3 am," I mumbled, still feeling the effects of my lack of sleep.

"Why?" chimed in Fred, his arm draped around my shoulders as I leaned against him for support.

"Quidditch strategies and writing to the Holyhead Harpies," I explained, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Why the Holyhead Harpies?" questioned Charlie, passing me a beautifully wrapped gift.

"I am a reserve chaser," I stated proudly, a glimmer of excitement rising within me.

"Really?" exclaimed Charlie with a bright smile.

"That's fantastic, Y/n!" added Bill, his voice filled with genuine happiness for me.

Excitement bubbled in our chests as we all gathered around the Christmas tree, eagerly waiting to open our gifts. The room was filled with the warm glow of string lights and the scent of freshly baked cookies and cinnamon. Ron handed me a box of colorful candies, each one resembling a different creature from the wizarding world. Hermione's gift was a set of elegant quills, guaranteed to improve my handwriting. Ginny had gotten me a pair of sleek quidditch gloves, perfect for my position as seeker. Harry's gift caught me by surprise - a beautiful necklace adorned with a golden quaffle. Charlie had given me a dainty dragon ring that fit perfectly on my finger. Bill's gift was a comprehensive guidebook on the history of quidditch, sure to keep me entertained for hours. George couldn't resist adding some mischievous touches to his present, which included various prank items and some of his and Fred's popular products. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley presented me with their famous hand-knitted Weasley sweater and a tin of delicious homemade cookies.