Changing our life. (36)

I sat on the cold tile floor of the penthouse kitchen as Max tightly wrapped his arms around me before resting his head on my shoulder.

"Are you ready" I asked nervously smiling as Max lifted the heavy knife before jokingly going to stab the pink and blue cake sat in front of us. "Don't you dare" I said laughing as he reached his hand over to mine before placing mine on top of his as he gripped the knife.

"Last guess, boy or girl" I asked as he lightly kissed my temple, "it's a girl" he said smiling before continuing to speak. "You think it's a boy and you'll be wrong" he said smirking as I dramatically rolled my eyes, "I can't picture myself having a daughter" I said softly dreaming about the life I couldn't picture myself having.

"I'll guide your hand" he said slowly moving my hand towards the cake as heartbeat by James Arthur softly played in the background, I sucked a deep breath in as I felt the knife dip into the cake.

"Max stop" I said freezing as he came to a sudden stop, "baby the knife is already in the cake" he said as a confused look took over his face. "Our next chapter is about to be so beautiful" I said smiling as I learnt forward lightly pecking his lips, I felt him lift the knife up before placing it back into the cake as both of our hands shook against each other.

"Do we look yet" he asked as we both fought the urge to look at the cake in front of us, "you can use your hand, lift it in the air" I whispered nervously knowing this moment will change the rest of our life.

I lifted my hand off of Max's as he dropped the knife shifting his hand to pick up the piece of cake that was now hovering in the air, "three, two" I said before coming to a halt scared to let the last number leave my mouth.

"One" he whispered back gently as we both turned our head taking in the colour that looked right back at us burning deep into our souls, "oh my god" I mumbled feeling tears prick my eyes as Max dropped the piece of cake letting it fall against the rest of the cake.

"It's a girl" he said in shock as he used his non injured arm to pull me into a hug making sure to keep his fingers at a distance as they sat covered in frosting, "we're having a daughter" I said letting the words finally leave my mouth as I pushed my forehead against his.

"A little Charlotte" he mumbled as his eyes glossed over hit by a sudden wave of emotion, he placed his lips against mine as our we moved gently in synch before he pulled away.

"Wilders going to have a sister" I said smiling as I looked back at the pink cake that once covered Max's hand but was now sprinkled all over the floor, "I'm so happy" he said laying his head back onto my shoulders.

"How'd you know" I asked reaching my hand up before running my fingers through his hair, "I had a gut feeling" he said reaching his hand down dipping his finger into the icing before wiping it onto my nose.

"No" I said sternly holding back a laugh as I quickly wrapped my hand around his wrist trying to hold his hand back, "I love you" he said releasing the strain from his arm as I let go of his wrist.

"I love you Verstappen" I said standing up releasing myself from his grasp as I picked up the cake before setting it onto the kitchen counter, "Wilders awake" he said glancing at the baby monitor before I heard his cry echo throughout the kitchen.

"I'll clean this, you go grab him" he said standing up before picking up a paper towel and wetting it, I laughed to myself knowing I'd have to actually scrub that spot later tonight.

I walked down the long hallway when I stopped in front of the door that hadn't been opened since we moved in, I slowly opened in seeing the room bare knowing in a few short months this room would be created into a nursery for my baby girl... our baby girl.

I heard Wilders cries become louder knowing it was time to get him, I left the room leaving the door cracked open before entering my sons room. "Hey sleepy head" I said walking towards him as his cried stopped quickly turning into a smile.

"You had such a good nap" I said picking him up and placing him onto my hip as his arms quickly wrapped around my neck, "dada" he said softly looking around the room.

"Dada's in the kitchen, let's go see him" I said smiling before beginning to walk back down the long hallway, "hey my baby" Max said smiling as he turned the corner instantly reaching his one arm out to Wilder which he quickly accepted climbing into his fathers arms. A few weeks ago Wilder was petrified of Max, all he needed to warm back up was the black eye to go away.

"We have cake" Max quietly whispered into his ear as Wilders head quickly shot up before glancing around the room, "eat, eat" he said desperately looking for the cake that Max has mentioned.

"It's in here buddy" I said laughing while walking into the kitchen at the many resembles seen between my two boys, "eat, eat" he said again as his eyes landed on the cake while drool poured from his mouth onto his shirt.

"Get him in his highchair" I said to Max while laughing as I cut a piece of cake placing it onto a blue silicone plate before resting it onto his tray as he quickly grabbed a handful shoving it into his mouth.

"We already have her name" Max asked referring to the name we spoke about the other night, "I think it's quite fitting" I said smiling from ear to ear dreaming of my little girl. Me and Max created two little bodies, two little bodies that depend on us for everything.

Two years ago I sat in my little Montreal apartment crying wishing for a better life for my child, here I am now providing a happy family environment for him...and his soon to be little sister.

@ maxverstappen1

@ maxverstappen1 Though it was time to break the news, baby girl Verstappen due in June 💘@ Charlotte_Smith Can't wait to have another cute baby with you!!!@ User479 Guy can't keep it in his pants LOL@ charles_leclerc WHAT! Congrats bro

@ Charlotte_Smith Can't wait to have another cute baby with you!!!
@ User479 Guy can't keep it in his pants LOL
@ charles_leclerc WHAT! Congrats bro