Loss

The lift stops at 9th floor. The door opens. Jimin's heart began to beat badly. He didn't know what happened to his appa. How is he or how much serious is his condition now.

Jimin slowly follows Nam-wook with his halmeoni. They stop in front of the operation theatre. Jimin saw Min Ryung is sitting on of the chairs with his head hyung low.

Ryung raise his head and met his eyes with another pair of innocent teary eyes.

"Oh Chim.. Come baby.. "

"Pa.. My appa.. "

"He is ok baby.. He is ok.. "

Ryung didn't know what to say to the boy. He slowly pull the weeping boy towards his chest. Nam-wook also made sit the old fragile lady in one of the seat.

After 2 hours, the red light above the door of the operation theatre got off. They all walk towards the door. The doctor came out from the operation theatre. Doctor was disappointed. Ryung and Nam-wook understand it's meaning.

"Doctor.. My appa.. "

Jimin asked to the doctor in a low voice. But everyone around can hear him clearly.

The doctor sighed deeply. He felt so pity for the crying boy in front of him.

"I am sorry son,.. We tried our best.. Take care.. "

He just pat Jimin's shoulder and gone. Before Jimin could respond, he heard a thud besides him. Jimin saw his halmeoni collapsed into the cold floor lifelessly.

Jimin froze on his stand. Ryung also stood there motionless. Nam-wook was fast enough to call the doctor.

They admitted her in ICU. She had a heart attack. The demise of her only son shattered her into pieces. Jimin sat on the cold floor for some minutes. He wasn't able to digest anything happened in his life in less than half hour. He lost his appa, his halmeoni is in between life and death.

The nurse opened the door of the operation theatre. They allow Jimin to saw his appa. Ryung also came inside with him. Jimin saw his appa is laying on the cold operation bed. But Jimin felt like he is sleeping.

Jimin slowly walk towards the bed

Jimin slowly walk towards the bed. He felt like his legs are jelly. The nurse switch on the light besides Hyun-ki's bed. Jimin cup his appa's face with shivering hands. It was cold and pale. Jimin slowly peck his forehead.

"Appa.. Wake up.. Please... Your Chim is all alone... Don't leave me alone.. Please... Appa... Appaa.. "

Jimin put his face on his appa's crook of neck and mumbles slowly like he is saying some sort of secrets. His voice was muffled because of the sobs and cries.

Ryung felt like his heart is breaking while seeing the younger's cries. He felt too guilty for not saving Hyun-ki. Moreover Hyun-ki sacrifice his life while saving him. Ryung slowly pull the sobbing boy to his embrace.