52- Deed or Deed

"I look.. gor— thank you.." you had to raise your voice higher than usual deeming the volumes of the music coming from the other room was monstrously loud.

His green eyes low from cannabis was locked on your own. His gaze confined you, left you tense.
As much as you had feelings for Kenma, you could not ignore how attractive this man was.

Profuse alternatives on which words to add to the conversation to steer it differently jumbled in your mind and you could not settle on an choice.

You abruptly raised up your gift bag again and smiled, hoping his focus would advance onto his present.

Eventually he had to, you held out the bag for so long you actually became angered by how awkward you probably appeared to the open eye.

"Frickin take it," you gritted your teeth, trying your hardest not to cuss him out on his special day . You clutched his hand , dragging it onto the straps of gift bag and let it fall onto his fingertips.

He chuckled. And up until now you were avoiding that intense gaze, yet you had to unmask what was so amusing. Your eyes flickered up at him and his broad grin.

"Sorry.. I was gone for a minute.."

You surveyed him as he pulled out the Pochita slippers and was not surprised by his roaring laughter. The weed seemed to do that to him, make him content for long periods of time.

You did not mind it, because that smile of his was absolutely beautiful.
"Shittt..I remember these, you went back for them?"

"Yeah, I remember how much you begged me to get them for you back then..but you were too scared to look like a lil kid in front of that cashier," you giggled reciting the memory, expecting his merry variant to yield from the pot he smoked and join in with laughter, but as your eyes trailed up to him, you became stiff once again.

Gaping into his weary eyes you had wondered why had he become so serious again.

"I like.... it, thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Come here," Rye requested.

You questioned whether the amplification of the music disorientated your hearing.
"Wha—

You quickly registered his intent as he leaned in for a hug. You felt his warm hand on your lower back before he tugged you close to him. He lowered his tall self, leaning into your shoulder, and you reached upwards wrapping your arm around his neck getting a whiff of his ample cologne

"Yoo, is that who I think that is!" You heard a voice loudly utter in amazement. As you pulled back from the hug you watched as several of the guys that were serenely unwinding on the supremely large u shaped sofa rose up from their cosy positions, eager to greet a guest.

"Mr sleeper build," another voice chanted, hyping them up.

Mr sleeper build.
I've heard that before.

You silently gasped making a little distance between you and Rye, your eyes travelling along with the males, until they reached their destination.

You remembered him being given that nickname by the guys in Denen Chofu Senior High School. He became acquainted to them by Rye in first year. Naturally, when looking at him on a surface level, he doesn't have a tangible amount of muscle, and tends to be sluggish, sometimes...

well a lot of times.

Nevertheless, when the information that he actively plays volleyball came to light, they went to observe at one of his matches in disbelief that he was any good. To their surprise they became astonished by the contrast in persona, how skilled he was.