20: Fresh Start

Tiny POV

The day we found Lily, Cowboy successfully made the trade, and we confirmed that all the drugs we found so far belonged to the Disciples, along with the girls in the truck. Which means we have all the evidence necessary to break our treaty and take them down. However, we don't want to tip them off, or they'll disappear. But if we can successfully stay one step in front of them, then we may have a shot at taking them down for good.

After the meeting, Lily asked if she could stay at the clubhouse, not wanting to invade Killer's space any longer. We took the clothes Tiger gave Lily and headed to the clubhouse, and as soon as Lily stepped through the door, excitement filled the air. The girls were thrilled to have another woman around, and Lily was just as excited.

However, Lily's stomach growled, and her cheeks reddened with embarrassment. I realized she didn't eat lunch, and I should've made her eat something before coming here.

Idiot, she needs to get her strength back! How can she do that when you don't feed her?

Laughing, I took her hand, and we went to the kitchen. She sat on a stool while I started boiling a large pot of water.

"You can cook?" Lily asked, surprised.

"Ha! No. This is as fancy as I get around here. Spaghetti with jar sauce, and we pray I don't overcook it as I'm known to do," I said, smiling at her.

She laughed but quickly put her hand over her mouth. Adorable.

"Sorry, I shouldn't laugh. I'm not much better at cooking," Lily mumbled.

Leaning on the island, I stopped a few inches from her face, and a deep blush crawled up her neck to her cheeks and ears. Her blue eyes flicked between my lips and my eyes, and I wanted to know if her lips were as soft as they looked. She may feel she is still with Sean, but from where I'm standing, she belongs to no one but herself.

The kitchen door opened, causing Lily to jump and jerk away. Turning to the door, I saw Tiger holding back a smile. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted some - never mind," she said, stifling a laugh.

Tiger turned to leave but stopped. "Tiny, for the love of God, set a fucking timer this time and give the woman some protein," she huffed. "In the sauce, I mean," she laughed, snorting, and left.

I laughed, shaking my head, and turned to find a gaping Lily who sank back into her chair.

So fucking cute.

While the pasta and ground beef were cooking, I gave Lily a kitchen tour, including where we kept all the baking supplies. Hoping she would start baking while she was here. Partially because it's fucking delicious, but because I want her to do something for herself.

"Whatever you make, I promise it will all get eaten within the hour. So, if you don't want the guys to eat it all, label it or hide it in my room. Also, if you need anything, tell Whiskey, and he will get them from the store. Or we can always go together. But I'll warn you, I'm not the best to take to the store," I admitted.

Lily looked overwhelmed but nodded. I finished cooking the pasta and threw one against the glass back door, and it stuck. Lily let out a laugh, and I winked. I served us up two large bowls and sat next to Lily.

She twirled a bite onto her fork and ate it. Her body sagged, and she closed her eyes.

Oh, no. Is she closing her eyes to avoid looking at me?

"Did I put sugar into the water instead of salt again? I told Whiskey to label the shit, but he told me only an idiot needed to label the difference. Everyone can see-" I rambled, stopping when I saw Lily beaming at me.

"No, you didn't," she giggled. Thank god. "I don't know why Tiger wants you to use a timer. I think your throwing method is perfect."

While we ate, I updated her fully on the diner. Telling her we hired a waitress and one short-order cook to help Pops. Although he was reluctant to give him his recipes, he let him prep and make salads...for now.

The waitress was a young single mom looking for something full-time, but flexible enough to be there for her kid. Thankfully, we needed a morning waitress because Emily and Nathan were still in school. Lily sighed with relief, knowing Pops and the diner were doing okay.

I glanced at her half-eaten bowl and frowned. I know I gave her extra, but I hate seeing her body littered with bruises or her tiny, pale frame. If I could get her to eat three decent meals every day, some life and color might return to her body. Maybe Tiger can teach me a few basic meals that I can cook for Lily?

I put away the leftovers with Lily's help and clearly labeled her portion so the others wouldn't eat it.

"Want a tour of the place?" I offered. I know she's been here before, but I want her to feel comfortable and know when she's here, she is family.

"Sure," she answered.

Grabbing her hand, I led her out of the kitchen, which led straight into the back of the bar. "This is the bar. You can have whatever you want, but we ask if something is low in stock, write it on the board over there," I said, pointing to a whiteboard on the back of the barback.

"I'm not 21 yet," she whispered.

"I know. Neither am I. As long as you're responsible and don't go telling everyone in town where you drink, we don't mind," I assured her.

She looked nervously around the bar, and I could tell she was uncomfortable.

No alcohol. Got it.

Next, I showed her Killer and Hawk's office, the indoor gym further down the hall, and the "shed" outside with the boxing ring. Upstairs, I pointed out everyone's rooms, including the guest room she could have.

In the middle of the hallways, I paused and opened a door on the left, motioning for lIly to step inside. I stayed in the doorway, watching her walk around the room. It wasn't squeaky clean like Whiskey or Hawk's room, but my mama always taught me to treat my room as if a woman would walk in any minute.

"I recognize this room. Ish. Is it yours?" Lily asked.

"Yes. It's not a lot, but it's home," I smiled.

She sat on the bed and smiled. "I don't think it's the things that make it a home, but the people," she whispered.

Mama used to say that...

Lily yawned and shyly smiled at me. "We have no commitments today. Take a nap, and I'll be downstairs when you wake," I motioned to the bed. She kicked off her shoes and pulled back the covers before snuggling in.

"Goodnight, Sunshine."

"Thank you, Tiny," she hummed, and I closed the door.

I stood outside my door wondering why I hadn't shot my shot with her years ago. Lily is perfect, and now that she's here, I sure as shit won't let her go. She deserves the life she dreamed of, and I know it's not with Sean.