22: Blush

Tiny's POV

Working in the kitchen with Lily was better than I imagined. She worked effortlessly and answered my million questions with a smile. When she asked if I wanted to try it, I hesitated, but it didn't look that difficult. Wrong.

Once the pizzas were done we voted on who had the best, worst, and prettiest pizza, and everyone agreed Lily had the best-looking by far. However, it didn't surprise me when she voted for Hawk. The guy is OCD as fuck, so it didn't surprise me when his pizza came out looking perfectly symmetrical.

After dinner, Lily helped clear the table and tried to help with the dishes, but she was a guest, and even if she wasn't, I refused to let her help. Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, I whispered, "rest."

Lily blushed about as hard as she did when I watched her make her pizza. I should give her space, but something about her pulls me toward her. After cleaning the dishes, we moved to a table with the girls, who talked about going shopping tomorrow and checking out the coffee shop while they were out. But Killer called a church meeting, and everyone but Lily, Ginger, and Kayla filled in.

"I don't know how long we'll be, but if you get tired, you know where my room is. Or if you're more comfortable at Killer's place, I can have a prospect take you back," I said to Lily, hoping she would stay.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me," she smiled.

God, she's too sweet for her own good.

Against my better judgment, I kissed her cheek, lingering longer than I should have. Pulling away, she sat wide-eyed, stunned, and blushing. Totally worth it. Lily said nothing, and I couldn't read her mind, but Gears called for me before I could ask.

Taking my seat next to Gears, Killer stood at the head of the table, looking unhappy.

"We got word of a truck coming tonight. I want everyone ready to leave by 11. However, we have an issue. The Devil's Disciples know Lily is here under our protection and are demanding her back. If we don't, they're claiming our actions are starting a war," he stated.

I started to speak, but Killer cut me off. "I reminded them they broke the treaty months ago when they kidnapped one of ours, and therefore, they started this."

"Do you not want to hit them tonight, then?" Blade asked.

"Oh no, we're going. I'm not letting some fucker dictate what we do, and I'll be damned if we let a single one of their shipments through our territory again," he thundered. "Boulder, Jag, Whiskey, and-"

"Me," I interrupted, but Killer ignored me.

"Hawk, you're posted here tonight. Make sure there's no trouble here, and if there is, handle it," he smirked.

I wanted to argue, but I knew better. "The rest of us will ride tonight. Tiny, I think it's best if you ask Lily if she remembers anything from her past," Killer stated.

"Hell no. I'm not bringing that shit up. It's not my place," I argued.

Is he insane? The girl just went through hell, and I'm not about to drag up any more painful memories just for information.

"Tiny, I know you don't want to, but maybe ask her where she grew up. If she doesn't want to talk, don't force her, but just let her know you're there to listen," Tiger offered.

"Fine. But I will not force her," I pointed out, and I remained quiet the rest of the meeting.

We made a plan for tonight, and Hawk gave us the information about the truck. It was a simple run, but the Disciples probably doubled their security or had an extra surprise for us inside the truck.

Killer dismissed us, and I headed to the living room to find Lily, but she wasn't there. Kayla smiled and pointed to the kitchen before Whiskey bombarded her with kisses.

I didn't need to see that. Thank you.

Following my nose, I saw Lily covered in flour, hair up in a bun, baking. But what stopped me in my tracks was seeing the biggest fucking smile on her face. She opened the oven door and pulled out a pan of what looked like brownies and set them on the stove.

"Those smell amazing," I commented, causing her to jump and burn her arm on the pan.

Rushing over, I pulled her away from the stove and sat her on the counter. "Sorry to scare you; I didn't mean to. It smelled amazing, and I couldn't help myself."

"It's okay, I'm a klutz, and it's not the first or the last time I've burned myself," she assured me as I found some burn cream and applied it to her skin. "You don't need to do that, it's not that bad-"

"Will you please let me help you?" I pleaded, looking at her. Sighing, let go of my arm, letting me take care of her.

I finished wrapping her arm with gauze, and Lily smiled, thanking me. Hopping off the counter, she grabbed a plate and spatula, cutting a piece from the middle of the pan. She placed the plate in front of me and fiddled with her bandage, waiting for me to try it.

Picking up the warm brownie, I shoved half of it in my mouth and fell in love. It was still gooey in the center, and there was no way the pan would live another twenty minutes here.

"Sunshine," I hummed. "This is fucking delicious, and there's no way I'm letting you share than pan with the others. It's ours."

Lily giggled, and I told her to cut two more pieces while I got a glass of milk. As we ate, others filed in, and before I could stop them, they ate half the pan.

"Lily, you seriously need to work with us," Kayla said, shoving her second brownie into her mouth. "These are amazing," she mumbled with her mouth full.

Tiger posted on the counter saying, "She's not wrong, and if you don't, then we will all gain twenty pounds in no time. Not that I can afford to."

Ace growled, hearing his wife talk poorly about herself. He grabbed another corner piece and threw Tiger over his shoulder before presumably heading upstairs. The guys whistled, while Lily's face turned bright red as she looked at the ground, embarrassed.

"Damn, I wish I wasn't seven months pregnant right now," Kayla laughed, rubbing her ever-growing belly. Whiskey didn't hesitate, picking Kayla up bridal style, and they disappeared, too.

I didn't think Lily could redden anymore, but her ears looked like she was on fire, and I laughed. "It's not funny. I hate how red I turn," she whispered.

I brought Lily's hand to my lips. "I think it's cute," I smiled.