4: Southern Charm

Tiny POV

Everyone returned from the diner exhausted and ready for a break. Whiskey helped Kayla to bed, and Tiger plopped on the couch, motioning for Ellie despite working at the diner the last few hours. But Tiger will never turn down time with Ellie or give Ginger a break.

"Is Lily still here?" Tiger asked, looking at me.

I shook my head. "She ran out of here about an hour minutes ago."

"Bummer, I was hoping to talk to her about something," she said, cooing to Ellie. "Also, they need some permanent help at the diner. I can't believe Lily and Pops do that alone most of the time. I know they have what's-her-face, but she never does anything."

"I think I came up with a solution for that. Here," I said, handing her my phone. Tiger bounced Ellie on one leg and took my phone while Killer and Blade looked over her shoulder. She flipped through the posts and smiled.

"Tiny, this is great! Hopefully, you get some decent applicants who have experience," she said, handing me the phone. "If you need help with the interviews, let me know, and I'll help. Oh, and the guy who helped... um, Nathan, was great. Maybe offer him first dibs?"

"Thanks. I'll see if Pops or Lily know who he is."

"Here," she said, handing me a piece of paper. "I got his number."

I noticed Ace standing behind her, and a low growl came from him. "Babe, he's sixteen with acne. Now, why would I want him when I have a Greek god for a husband?" she laughed, looking back at him. Ace smirked and planted a kiss on her head.

We all sat in silence, content, and I posted the hiring ad on Redemption Diners socials. I didn't expect a ton of interest, but maybe Nathan would show some interest. I finished my post, and my phone rang.

"What's up, man?" I asked Gears.

"I could use some help down here. Some lady is here demanding I fix her car right now, but I still haven't finished Ms. Landon's car. She's driving me insane, and I'm losing my shit," he stressed.

"Yeah, I'll head over," I laughed and hung up. "Looks like Gears needs some rescuing. Time to lay on the southern charm," I stated, drawing it out more than usual, and headed out.

The garage was downtown, about twenty minutes from the clubhouse, and the only one for miles. Living in a small-ish town creates a friendly community, but we don't have everything. Target is over an hour away, and there isn't a decent coffee shop close by, either. As the girls kindly remind us every time we go out.

Parking my bike, I took off my helmet in time to see a lady yelling at Gears while he attempted not to explode on her. He spotted me from the lobby, threw up his arms in defeat, and returned to the garage and car he was working on. I could hear the lady yelling after him, demanding to know why he walked away and wasn't working on her SUV.

Stepping into the lobby, the lady uttered under her breath, not noticing me. "Um, ma'am. Sorry I'm late, but if you don't mind telling me which car is yours and what the problem is, I can get started on it," I smiled, laying on the southern charm.

The lady turned to me, ready to yell, but saw me and closed her mouth before straightening herself out. She looked to be in her late thirties, wanting to be younger, and wore a pantsuit. Status was important to her, but here it was irrelevant.

I placed my helmet on the counter and smiled, waiting for her to answer.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I have an important meeting in an hour, and I don't think my car is safe to drive. It's making a funny noise, and I want to make sure it's safe to drive," she mused, batting her fake eyelashes.

Works every time. Something about a southern boy in the north melts every woman's heart. Especially when it's a white woman in distress who thinks she's younger than she is. Typical.

"No worries. Let me change, and I'll get you out of here in time for you to get to your meeting and get a coffee beforehand," I winked before heading to her car.

Turning on her SUV, I found the problem immediately. Laughing, I shook my head and pulled it into a stall before getting to work on it. There's peace when it comes to working on cars that I enjoy. If there's a problem with a solution, I refuse to leave it until I find it.

Fifteen minutes later, I handed the keys to the lady, who apologized again. As she kissed my cheek, she placed a piece of paper in my hand, and I rolled my eyes. Once in her car, and long gone Gears came up behind me laughing.

"It never amazes me how by the time they leave, you've got them wrapped around your finger," she said, shaking his head.

Shaking my head, I threw the paper in the trash. "It must be a southern thing. Or a ditsy white lady who forgets to change her oil and blames everyone but herself."

We got back to work, and an hour later, I fixed Ms. Harrison's car. Gears called her and promised we would give it to her tomorrow morning. She thanked us and said she would be there in the morning to pick it up, but we both knew she would forget, and one of us would drive the car to her place. At seventy and with a semi-forgetful memory, it was a miracle she had a driver's license.

We cleaned up and returned to the clubhouse since Gears didn't want to go to the diner again. I thought it best not to return alone, considering I spilled an entire tray of drinks on Lily earlier. Not to mention, I knocked Ginger's water glass into her lap and my dessert into mine. Therefore, I haven't gone back since. Embarrassed at my actions in front of Lily.

Maybe staying away from the diner for a while is better. Besides, if I can find another waitress or two before returning, maybe Lily will have time to hang out. After she rests.