11: My Devil

Trigger Warning: verbal and physical abuse

Lily POV

My body hurt in places I didn't know it could, and laying on something hard didn't help. Opening my swollen eyes I saw a blurry dresser inches from my face.

Sean must have moved me out of the doorway, leaving me here instead of on the bed.

Closing my eyes, I took a few deep breaths and tried to push myself up, but my arms refused to move. I didn't have the strength to do anything except allow the memory of last night to come flooding back as tears flowed freely from my eyes.

Sean stood at the door waiting for me. He barely closed the door before the first hit came straight to my face, knocking me back into the door. Apparently, Sean is past hiding bruises where people can't see, as another landed on my jaw. I caught sight of his reddened face holding my jaw and knew it would be a long night.

"You think leaving a note was going to cut it?!" he ragged, grabbing my throat.

I frantically grabbed at his wrists, but it was useless. He gripped my throat tighter, and I struggled to keep my breathing under control as he pushed me against the wall. I tried to remain calm, knowing my life depended on it.

"Sean, please," I whispered.

He let go of me, punching the other side of my face, and I tasted metallic. Blood.

"I never said you could go out, and I'll make sure you never go to another Rider party again," he sneered, smirking.

I never thought this would become my life or that I would allow myself to be in an abusive relationship. But here I am, and I can't do anything to change it. Not yet, at least.

Sean hit my already bruised ribs, and I cried out, unable to keep quiet.

"That's it, cry for me, like the little bitch you are," he laughed, landing another to my stomach, and my legs gave out from under me.

"What do you want, Sean? I'm sorry I went to the party. I promise it won't happen again, and I'll do whatever you want," I begged, on all fours, trying to catch my breath.

"What I want is for you to shut the fuck up and be a good bitch while I remind you who you belong to," he sneered. A powerful kick to the abdomen sent me backward, and I hit my head hard on the wall behind me.

Looking up, Sean's eyes were black, and the menacing smile he wore seared into my brain before I blacked out completely.

I turned my head, and a wave of nausea and dizziness took over. I wanted to throw up, but my stomach was empty, and my throat was scratchy and dry as a bone. Taking a few deep breaths, I crawled into a sitting position. Leaning against the dresser, I struggled to breathe but saw water on the nightstand and slowly crawled towards it.

The cooling water soothed my throat, and I could swallow comfortably. As I pulled myself up, my ribs screamed at me, but I kept going until I sat on the bed. Pulling my torn and partially bloodied shirt up, I saw dark, ugly bruises covering my abdomen. With the pain I felt taking in breaths, I'm sure I had a few cracked ribs.

I inched to the bathroom and took out the first aid kit I kept below the sink with difficulty. It was nearly empty since I use it often, but I found some antiseptic and cleaned the cuts on my face.

Next, I grabbed the compression wrap and wrapped my abdomen, hoping it would help the healing. I finished fastening it when the bathroom door slammed open, causing me to jump, shooting pain through my body.

Sean stood in the doorway holding my phone, fuming. "Who the fuck is Tiny and why is he texting you?" he demanded.

"I-I don't know. I didn't give him my number. Promise Sean," I stuttered, shaking. He stalked over and smashed my phone against the sink behind me. Smirking, he stalked out of the bathroom and slammed the bedroom door.

Letting out my breath, I waited a minute before getting into the bed, and I noticed it was 8 p.m. Shit. I missed an entire day of work, and Pops will be worried if I don't show up tomorrow. But there's no way I could work tomorrow. Not without tipping Pops off.

Maybe if I ask Nathan to cover my shift tomorrow, I'll be well enough to come in the day after. I carefully laid down, and the last thing I remember is thinking I should get up and call Nathan, but I never did.

I woke up to arguing in the living room and looked at the clock. 2 a.m. The only people who would be this loud and arguing were Sean's "friends," and they were probably drunk. They started calling for me, and I begrudgingly got out of bed.

I struggled to change into new clothes before heading to the living room. They continued arguing when I entered, so I searched the kitchen for something easy to make and eat. I poured a can of soup in a pot, but halfway through heating it, Sean called for me.

Turning off the stove, I grabbed two beers and headed for the guys. "Yes?" I asked, groaning as I set the beers down.

They were opening large bags of white powder and distributing it into smaller ones. There were multiple white substances. All were deadly, but I said nothing.

Sean and his friends stared at me, making my skin crawl. "Like what you see?" one of them smirked, but I said nothing.

Sean got off the couch and grabbed one of the smaller white bags. "Do you know what this is?" he asked, and I shook my head no. "This is pure cocaine, and you are going to sell it for us at the diner to anyone who asks. Understand?"

I started shaking my head, but his hand grabbed my throat, stopping me. "It wasn't a request, Lily. You will sell this. Otherwise, you become a buyer, and we both know how I feel about dating druggies," he stated, letting me go.

Stumbling backward, I grabbed onto the TV and my ribs before straightening myself out as best as my body allowed.

"So, what's it going to be?" Sean bit out, stepping up to me. "Sell or buy?"

"Fine," I hoarsely whispered, and the guys smiled.

I finished warming my soup and retreated to the bedroom. An hour later, I heard the front door close, and Sean crawled into bed next to me and passed out shortly after.

Maybe if I don't mention I have drugs to sell, I won't have to sell any at all. I can't do that. Sean will have my head if I don't bring home some money. What if I give him my tips and throw out the drugs? That might work, Lily. That might work.