2: Redemption Diner

Tiny POV

The next few days, I worked at the garage, and hadn't returned to the diner. I didn't want to seem eager to see Lily, but eventually I caved and headed back. Pulling into the nearly full parking lot, I headed inside and walked right into Lily and an entire tray of drinks, spilling them on both of us.

"I'm-I'm so sorry Tiny," she apologized, trying to hold back tears, picking up the glasses. I grabbed the tray from her hands, and set it on the counter next to a customer who was ready to say something. But I shot him a look, which shut him up.

Pulling Lily to the back, I grabbed some towels and dried her off, but Lily stopped me. "Tiny, it's okay. I have to get back out there," she exclaimed, wiping her tears.

"Now, hold on a minute. You're going to sit down for a minute, drink some water, and tell me how I can help," I said, offering her some water.

She took it from my hand and gulped half of it in one swoop. I could hear a guy getting loud, asking for his waitress, and I didn't appreciate their tone. While Lily caught her breath, I headed to the dining room and found the loud customer.

He wore business casual as he held up his empty coffee cup, demanding a refill, as if he owned the damn place and the world revolves around him. Including being served immediately. I stepped up to him, backing him into the counter, and he paled slightly. My extreme height had its advantages, such as this moment.

"Open your mouth again, and I'll cut your fucking tongue out," I growled, pushing my finger in his chest. "They are doing their best, and I can guarantee customers like you will be the last to get any attention. Understood?" I asked, inches from his face.

He nodded, and I backed away. The guy straightened his shirt, and quietly sat down.

"As for everyone else, Lily is doing her best and is the only one here, so if you have a problem, either help or leave," I growled. Most customers were regulars, and I knew they didn't mind waiting.

Ms. Landon, who was in her late fifties, offered to take orders and ensure everyone had drinks. She motioned to a younger boy, who sat at her table, to help her, and they got started. I didn't know if they had any experience, but I was thankful they were willing to help.

Returning to the back, Lily had fallen asleep holding the empty glass, and I smiled. I didn't want to wake her, but I didn't know how to run the Diner. So, I called the only person I knew who could help: Tiger.

It rang a few times before she answered. "What's up, Tiny?"

"Hey, I need a favor. Well, more like Lily needs a favor," I said.

"Anything. Is she okay?" Tiger asked, worried.

"Kind of. She's worked herself to the point of exhaustion, and well, let's just say she's asleep in the backroom. I asked the customers to be patient, but-"

"Say no more," she said, cutting me off. "I'll be there in ten minutes with backup. Tell Pop we're coming and take Lily home."

I thanked her and hung up. I found Pop in the back and told him what happened. He shook his head. "I told her she works too hard, but she never listens to me. Take her home. I'll call the others and see if they can come in," he sighed.

"No need. Tiger and the others are already on their way," I said, and he thanked me profusely.

It's the least we can do. At least until we find more permanent help here.

Lily was still asleep, and I gently took the glass from Lily's hand. She stirred, and her bloodshot eyes opened, and she shot up. "How long was I asleep for?" she hurriedly asked, standing, straightening herself out.

"Not long enough," I gruffly said. "I already made arrangements, and you, sunshine, are going home."

"Tiny, I can't," she whispered, shaking. Looking into her eyes, I saw fear, but I didn't understand why.

"Why not? Lily, you just fell asleep sitting up, and I'm not letting you drive and fall asleep at the wheel. What if you nap back at the clubhouse, then go home?" I asked, trying to compromise.

She shifted her weight but nodded in agreement. Thank God. "Come on, let's get your things and get you to a bed before you completely pass out," I laughed.

Lily smiled, and I waited out in the dining room, finding Tiger, Kayla, Whiskey, and Vegas working like a well-oiled machine. Finding Ms. Landon and her grandson, I handed them some cash, thanking them for their help, but they refused to take it. I told Tiger their meals were on me every time they came in.

A wide-eyed Lily came out from the back, staring wide-eyed at everyone. "Guys, what are you-you don't have to do all this!" she exclaimed.

Kayla pulled her into a hug. "You know, when I said let me know if you need help, I meant it. I may be pregnant, but I'm not incapable of helping. Despite what Whiskey may say," she said, glaring at him. "Oh, and thank you for the crochet elephant for the baby and the cinnamon roll!"

"Oh, you're welcome. I'm glad you liked it. I wasn't sure what you wanted or would like..." Lily trailed off.

"Girl, it's perfect!" Kayla exclaimed, hugging her.

I could see Lily fading again and said bye to the others before heading to the clubhouse. Once there, I took her upstairs to my room and gave her some of my clothes to change into. As much as I love her blue and white 50s dress uniform, I didn't want her to be uncomfortable while sleeping.

She kept her eyes open long enough to crawl into bed and whisper a small "thank you."

"Anytime, sunshine," I said, closing the door behind me.

Downstairs, Killer and Blade sat on the couch watching Ellie do tummy time. She grew like none other and more adorable than any of us would admit. With Whiskey and Kayla expecting, it wouldn't be long before Ellie had a friend to play with, and they took over the entire clubhouse.

I sat in an armchair and let out a sigh. "How is she?" Killer asked.

"Hopefully asleep. With Kayla not working anymore, they're short, and Lily is overworked. Is there any way we can hire a few more people to help?" I asked.

Killer shook his head. "You know Pop hates the hiring process and new people."

"I know, but what if we do it for him? We give a few options, and all he has to do is give them a shot and hire whomever he likes," I offered.

Killer didn't hate the idea, but he had enough to worry about. So, I offered to set everything up if Hawk would run background checks on them for me. He agreed, and for the next two hours, we watched Ellie while I figured out how to hire some help.

When Lily came barreling down the stairs, I created two social media posts for the diners' socials. I tried to walk Lily out, but she said she was running late and was out the door before I could stop her.

Odd. First, she didn't want to go home. Now, she's dying to get there? I don't understand women. That I know.