31: New Experiences

Lily POV

After the third day, Sean demanded I interact with the others and paraded me around their hellhole, making my skin crawl. Everyone looked at me like a shiny new toy they wanted, and honestly, I understood why. There were girls strung out of their minds, used and abused, and I felt sorry for them.

Sean introduced me to Diesel, Slasher, and Chains. Each one was scarier than the last, and all I wanted to do was run. But a man dropped a duffel bag filled with drugs on the table. Diesel grabbed one of the large packages, cut a slit in it with a pocket knife, put some of it on the knife, and held it to my nose.

"This is pure cocaine. Or it should be, but we need someone to test it out for us. Sean here said you would be more than willing," Diesel laughed, as reality started sinking in. I turned to Sean and shook as he stared at me menacingly. Panic ensued, and I tried to fight against them, but it was useless, as they easily outweighed me.

No, no, no. I didn't agree to this! I only came back to save Tiny, not become one of their strung-out, pimped-up girls. Sean hates dating junkies. So why is he doing this?

Before I could ask, Chains grabbed me around my midsection, forcing me to sit on his lap. He pinned one arm to my side while Sean grabbed the other and tied a rubber band around it. Diesel mixed the powder with water before drawing it into a needle.

Seeing the needle made me nauseous, and I could feel sweat sticking to the back of my neck. The room started spinning, and it took everything in me not to completely break down.

"Se-Sean," I pleaded, looking at him. "You don't like druggies. I thought you wanted a good girl."

He wouldn't meet my eyes, and suddenly, a stinging sensation took over my arm, and I cried out. Looking down, I saw the liquid disappear into my arm and felt myself slowly slip out of my body. Chains and Sean let go of me, and I stumbled onto a chair before I fell over. The others ignored me and went about their business as if nothing had happened.

What is happening? I thought drugs were supposed to make you depressed and make stupid choices. I feel light and ready for anything. Maybe I should have done this sooner.

I lost my sense of time. Adrenaline pumped through me, and I had the urge to run around getting it all out. So I did. The Disciples clubhouse became my jungle gym, and I ran around laughing my ass off while everyone else laughed with me.

Or at me...I'm not sure which.

Hours later, my body gave out, and I lay on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. If someone has never stared at a popcorn ceiling, they're missing out. The endless shapes, animals, and stories it holds are mind-blowing. I spent the next God knows how long laying on the floor making up stories, happily laughing at them.

The rest of the world faded away until someone lay next to me. Looking over, Sean smiled at me.

"You look cute," I giggled, touching his cheek. "Why didn't I do this sooner? I feel like I can do anything!"

Sean stared at me, but I couldn't figure out what he was thinking or wanted. Suddenly, he took my hands, helped me up, and led me to a room. I saw the enormous bed and instantly jumped into it.

"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I shouted, falling and laughing.

Sean said nothing and moved to the closet before throwing clothes at me. "Here, get changed, and then we will go to bed," he grumbled.

I took the clothes and stumbled over myself as I walked to the bathroom. The struggle to change was real, but we made it and crawled into bed, where Sean waited for me. Laying in bed, I buried my head in the pillow, annoyed with how bright it was in the room.

"Can you turn off the light? It's so bright," I whined.

The bed moved, and I heard him flick the switch off before coming back into bed. Tiredness took over, and it didn't take long before I fell asleep, but I didn't stay asleep for long.

My brain was exhausted, but my body refused to relax, and I tossed and turned. Any little noise woke me instantly, paranoid that someone was breaking into the room. The reality of sharing a bed with Sean hit me like a truck and said something about my state of mind.

Lily, this is insane! An hour ago, you were running around, ready to conquer the world. Now, I'm paranoid for no reason. I hate this. I'm not in control of my thoughts...are my thoughts safe? Am I talking out loud? What if Sean hears me and kicks me out?! Worse yet, what if Tiny finds me?

I sat huddled against the headboard, silently praying the monsters under the bed and outside the door wouldn't get me. Even though the real monster was sleeping next to me. My brain didn't shut off and sat paranoid until morning light filtered through the window shades.

Feeling physically and mentally exhausted, I forced myself to try and sleep some more. I crawled under the covers again, covered in sweat, and fell asleep for a few hours. It wasn't restful, but it felt better than nothing.

I woke up a few hours later to a growling stomach and pounding head, and I knew I needed to eat something. Beside me, Sean was still asleep, so I silently got out of bed and absentmindedly took a shower, hoping it would help with my stench and cold sweats. Halfway through, memories of standing in a shower, icy water hitting me for hours, came flooding back. Feeling lightheaded, I swayed and grabbed the handle before shutting off the water. However, the sound rang in my ears, and I couldn't shake it.

Note to self: showers are still a no-go.

On shaky legs, I got out, dried off, and changed into clean sweats and a shirt. If it weren't for the drugs, I would have never shared a bed with Sean or taken a shower. I know I need to get out of here before I become a shell of a person again and forget who I have become.

I made my way downstairs to a quiet and empty clubhouse. Not wanting to wake anyone or piss them off, I ate cereal for breakfast. I ate my cereal in silence, and thirty minutes later, Chains, the VP of the club, walked into the kitchen. He stared at me before grabbing a bowl of cereal and sitting down.

Grabbing my bowl, I washed it out and turned upstairs, but Chains stood in the doorway staring at me.

This isn't good.