34: Obedience or Bust

Lily POV

Sean found me sitting on the couch, bouncing my legs uncontrollably. "There is shit in the kitchen. Go make us something nice," he smirked, pulling me off the couch.

Baking was the last thing on my mind and something I felt no joy doing here, but I can't say no. As I walked away, a sharp slap landed on my ass, causing me to yelp, drawing attention to myself. Looking around, the guys stared at me like I was their next meal, and I felt gross.

The kitchen was disgusting, and the oven looked even worse. I quickly wiped the counters down and cleaned the oven, ensuring I wouldn't start a fire, and turned it on to 350 degrees. Next, I rummaged through the cupboards and fridge and found enough random shit to make bread pudding.

Who knew saving old bread and nearly expired milk would come in handy in this hell hole?

I cut the bread into bite-sized pieces and made the pudding portion to pour over. They didn't have any cinnamon, but they had some nutmeg. So I soaked the bread in the egg and milk mixture, put it into a once-clean glass pan, and threw it into the oven. As I cleaned up, I started shaking, making it difficult to do anything. Not that they would notice the added dishes to the pile in the sink.

Chains, Sean, and Diesel walked into the kitchen, and I froze.

This cannot be good. I'm already struggling to keep my shit together, and I don't need this right now.

"Smells good in here. Didn't know this little girl could cook," Diesel whispered, squeezing my hips.

I shuttered despite trying my best to keep still. Diesel stood behind me, chest against my back, and I felt something poking at my back. Bile rose in my throat, but I swallowed it. Tiny would never invade my space without asking or treating me like I am an object here for his pleasure.

I need to get out of here.

A hand slithered around my neck, snapping me out of my thoughts, and refocused on breathing. "Did you hear me, bitch?" Diesel asked.

"No, I'm sorry," I squeaked out.

"I said when the food is ready, come bring me a plate, and you better ask me to sit in my lap, little one," he growled, letting go of me.

Once they left the kitchen, I could breathe again and prayed the bread pudding would take longer than the timer I had set. No ounce of me wants to go back out there and sit on that disgusting man's lap. Diesel has no sense of respect for me or my body. Then again, no one here does.

*****

While sitting on Diesel's lap, I overheard some members mention a meeting happening tonight, and I wanted to know more. Eventually, Sean called for me and told me I needed to shower and get ready. I didn't argue, knowing it wouldn't end well for me.

In Sean's disastrous bathroom, I found a semi-clean towel and stared at the shower. I could feel my airways close as panic rose.

You don't have to go in, Lily. You only need to wash yourself off and make it look like you showered. Remember, you can use the sink like last time when Tiny... Tiny.

I shook my head and washed myself in the sink with a washcloth, taking as long as possible, but Sean had other plans. The door slammed open without warning, causing me to jump, and I quickly covered myself with a towel.

"Get dressed and put on some fucking makeup. You have ten minutes to get your ass downstairs," he barked, throwing clothes at me and slamming the door.

Looking at the clothes, I groaned and sank to the floor.

These are not clothes by a long shot.

I found some old makeup and covered up my bruise. Holding back tears, I turned away from the mirror, not wanting to see myself in this skimpy outfit and caked-on makeup, and got dressed. Since my hair was short and I didn't have time, I let it naturally dry and headed downstairs.

Walking down the stairs, guys whistled at me, yelling words I would not repeat as I looked around for Sean. Once I found him, he dragged me back upstairs and into an office I had never seen before in the corner of a hallway. Razor opened the door. His eyes raked over me, and I shuddered, wishing I was someone else.

Inside, Diesel, Chains, Slasher, and three men in expensive-looking suits stared at me. One looked to be in his early thirties, with black hair, and the leader of the three, as he was the only one sitting. A blonde man stood next to him, younger than the others and the only one smiling. The last man, however, was far more intimidating than Ace, and Ace scared me. The man stood with hands fisted at his side, and his dark eyes bore into me like he wanted to kill me.

What is going on here?

I remained silent, eyes on the floor like Sean had taught me to do. A deep voice asked, "This is the girl?"

"Yes, this is Lily. She is what you asked for and more," Slasher smirked, and my head snapped to his.

The blonde man stalked over to me, stopping inches away, and looked at me, inspecting me for imperfections.

The marks. He won't like that if I had to guess.

"What the fuck is this? We gave explicit instructions. Pure," he growled, pointing at my arm, and glaring at Slasher.

"Lily looked sick and pale the other day, so we called the doctor, who gave her an IV for fluids. We would never soil a perfect girl, and you, of all buyers, should know that," Slasher sneered.

Buy? They are selling me to these men?! I thought they wanted to keep me as a bargaining chip for the Riders. If not, then what do they want from me? If I am not here, how will Tiny find me?

Better yet, do they want to find me? I'm not worth saving now.

A tug on my arm brought me back to reality, and I pushed back the tears and stared at the man. "How did you get this mark?" he questioned me.

"I - I was," I paused and looked at Sean, and I knew if I told the truth, I would get the beating of a lifetime. He wouldn't let me out alive. But if I lie, maybe, just maybe, I can find a way out.

Finding confidence, I straightened myself out, looked him in the eye, and said, "I was sick and needed an IV."

The man stared at me for a minute, unsure, but seemed satisfied with my answer. He held his hand out for Slasher, and they shook, closing the deal on the buy.

Me.