32: Family or Foe

Tiny POV

After the meeting, Gears caught me packing my bag to leave for the Disciples clubhouse.

"That's not a good idea, and you know it, brother," Gears stressed.

I ignored him and continued packing.

"We will get Lily back. She went for a reason, and we have to trust her. There is no way you will make it in and out without getting caught on that ankle," he reasoned, clapping my shoulder.

I stopped and took a deep breath. The thought of Lily handing herself over to her abuser has my stomach churning, and it is all because I couldn't keep her safe. But Gears is right, this is a suicide mission.

"Fine, but if we don't have a plan set in motion in two days, I'm going," I argued.

"If it comes to that, then I will go with you," he agreed.

The next day, Shotgun, Gears, and I worked in the bathroom, giving me something to put my energy into. I want it to be perfect when Lily returns.

We took a break for lunch, and the thought of stepping into the kitchen without Lily here felt wrong. So, against my better judgment, I grabbed my backpack and headed for Sean's apartment. I knew he probably wouldn't be there, but I needed to check.

I circled the apartment complex, finding Lily's car still in the lot. I parked a few buildings over, grabbed my pack, and found Lily's car again. Thankfully, the area was quiet, and I slid off my pack and got out my lockpicking set.

The old lock was easy to pick, and I slid in, closing the door behind me in case anyone came out. Inside the car, nothing stood out to me, but the trunk held a different story. Several bloodied shirts, rags, and old empty bottles of hydrogen peroxide and bandages strewn around. As if Lily threw them back here, wanting to forget.

After taking pictures and a shirt, I locked up and walked around, hoping to find Sean's car. Two apartment buildings over, I found it. His 4-door was newer, and I knew I couldn't easily pick the lock like Lily's without the alarm possibly going off. A few people had come out of their apartment, but they seemed to ignore me.

I got the slim-jim and wedge out of my backpack and opened the top corner of the door enough to get my thin tool in. Thankfully, all I had to do was push the unlock button, and I was in. Sean's car was not nearly as clean as Lily's, and the entire thing reeked of old weed and booze.

Not wanting to get caught in Sean's car if he were home, I quickly searched and found nothing useful. However, I pulled the wires from the underside of the wheel and clipped a tracking device to it, hoping he may lead us to Lily or other places.

I returned to the clubhouse feeling satisfied. If Hawk can't use the tracker, then I will come back and steal the car myself. I told Hawk about the tracker, and he said he would monitor it. He didn't ask how it got there, and I didn't tell him. Then again, he knows my past and talents.

*****

Just as Gears promised, we went over a plausible plan to get Lily back tomorrow if necessary. Doc checked out my ankle and said I sprained it and to take it easy for a bit. Which I will...after we find Lily.

Killer called some of us into his office to discuss the new information we found. We all looked stressed and exhausted, and I was praying he had some good news.

"We found Sonny," Killer stated, and my ears perked up at this information. "She died about three weeks after reporting Lily as a missing child. Overdose."

So much for convincing Sonny to claim Lily as her daughter. Chains has every legal right to Lily...

"Tiny, what did they say about a shipment?" Blade asked.

"They want to see the product before committing to a whole shipment. Why?" I asked, frustrated we were going over this again.

"Maybe we can get our hands on the shipment, either before it gets to the clubhouse or after they have filled it," Blade answered.

"It means we need a plan and fast because it is happening today. For all we know, they're coming to see the product personally. It might not even be enough for a truck," I countered.

"Unless we can get someone to confirm from the inside, we know nothing. Shotgun, think your contact would help us out?" Killer asked. Shotgun shrugged and pulled out his phone.

"This is stupid, and Lily's life is on the line! Do we think this is our best option?" I asked, frustrated and worried Lily would end up in the crossfire.

"We could always ask Tiger. You know she's good with this shit," Gears offered. Ace groaned, wanting to keep Tiger out of this as much as possible, but he knew Gears was right.

Ace left to get Tiger, and Shotgun spoke up. "My contact said he might help us, but he wants safety and an opportunity in return."

All things considered, protecting Shotgun's contact isn't a terrible trade-off for the information and help we would be receiving.

Killer remained silent as Ace returned with Tiger, and we told her our options. She didn't seem too pleased with everything, but as usual, she walked us through every option and ensured we weren't missing anything.

"I would hit them when they are weakest, which is when they are in transit. Track it to the clubhouse, wait for them to fill it with whatever, and once it's on the way, we hit them. But hit the truck and the clubhouse simultaneously, which they won't expect. I'm guessing they will have heavy security on the truck, leaving the clubhouse vulnerable," Tiger proposed.

It wasn't half bad and might be our best option to find Lily, Sean, and Chains with as minimal security as possible. We need Chains to confirm he abandoned his daughter and Sean to admit he abused and preyed on Lily for years. But for it to work, all the big hitters need to be at the clubhouse.

Killer, Blade, and I headed to Hawk's office to review blueprints, while the others started packing. Hawk said he figured out why the camera and coms went out, and it shouldn't happen again, but I wasn't too confident. Either way, we had a solid plan.

For the first time in days, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. We have a plan, and we will put it into motion tonight.