15: MIA

Tiny POV

Pulling into the apartment parking lot, I didn't see Lily's car. Instead I found a prospect and Bear in a car a ways away, and they said she had left a few hours ago. The only place I figured she would go was work, but Killer asked me to return to the clubhouse before I could check.

Walking in, everyone was silent, and you could cut the tension with a knife. I found Gears and sat next to him. Leaning over, I whispered, "What's going on?"

"Two kids in town died from an overdose," Gears answered without looking at me.

I stared at him, shocked, but we knew this was bound to happen with new shit on the street. It's inevitable. Unfortunately, watching Sean's apartment last week gave us nothing other than we knew he was selling drugs. We followed him all over town, going to known trap houses and walking out with envelopes filled with cash. But we didn't know where, or who, he was getting the drugs from.

"Autopsy report shows an overdose, and they found cocaine in the bloodstream and track marks on their arms. They don't show repeat use, which means they were probably first-time users," Killer bit out. "Now, Hawk accessed the police files, and one kid died holding a baggie with a substance on it. They traced the residue and linked it to the Devil's Disciples."

No one seemed surprised by this information. However, we knew the police wouldn't go after the Devil's Disciples. They have a way of making friends in the department. Despite being responsible for most of the crime rates here. But this is our territory, and we'll be damned if they turn it into another crack town. Especially this close to the Canadian border.

"We weren't able to find out who Sean is picking up the drugs from, but based on how much cash he carries around, I'm willing to bet he works for the Disciples," Gears confirmed. "Although he needs to drop the cash at some point."

"Alright, we will watch one more night, and tomorrow, when we know he's home, we will take his place." Killer nodded.

"Is that the best idea?" Tiger asked, and Killer groaned, sitting down. "Let's think this through. We can set up a buy and see if it's the same shit. If it is, we can grab him, and Ace can talk with him."

Tiger is a member of the club for this reason. She sees things from all angles and ensures we go in with the best possible plan. She also makes us go over every outcome of the plan, which no one enjoys, but it's proven useful.

"Fine. We will set up a buy and go from there. Anything else, or can we make the plan?" Killer asked, staring at his sister. Annoyed.

"Yes. I'm worried about Lily. Hawk found some information which didn't sit well with me," she confessed.

I stared at Hawk, waiting for him to fill me in. I asked days ago for any information, and he refused to tell me anything, and now I'm learning it's worrisome. What the fuck!?

"When you guys gave me all the plate numbers, I ran Lily's too, and found something interesting. According to every database I can find, Lily came up as a missing child and is still missing. Technically," Hawk stated, pulling up the flier for the missing child.

"I don't understand. You just said that is Lily, so how is she still missing?" I tried to follow Hawk's thought process, but then again, I never could.

"What I'm saying is Lily doesn't exist. When I ran her background, nothing came up, which was odd. So, I ran her through facial recognition and came back with an 85% match to a missing child who went missing when she was five months old," Hawk explained, putting up the missing child report, and running the aging program for us.

I watched the face age, and every year, it looked more and more like Lily.

Holy shit.

"So you're telling me, Lily, who isn't Lily, is a missing child, probably doesn't even know, and somehow got mixed up in all of this?" Whiskey asked.

My thoughts exactly.

Killer nodded, and Blade spoke up. "Between the car in the parking lot, the bruises Nathan and Tiger saw, plus Sean's long record of assault, it wouldn't surprise me. Somehow she got caught up in all this."

Under normal circumstances, I am a patient and calm guy, but these are not normal circumstances. I left the meeting before it was over and headed straight to the diner. If Lily isn't there, I know where she is, and I don't care if we lose Sean and the Disciples altogether. I refuse to let Lily stay another day with that abusive asshole.

I raced to the diner, and the moment I walked in and saw Lily, I could breathe again. Sitting at my usual table, Lily slowly made her way towards me, and I noticed faint bruising on her face and around her throat. I kept my hands curled under the table as rage took hold of me.

A soft voice, almost hoarse, called out to me, and I realized Lily was staring at me, staring at her. I ordered my pancakes, and told her to join me, hoping she would tell me something. She agreed to eat with me but didn't sit until our food was ready.

I noticed her uniform was fuller around her abdomen, and I was praying it was ice packs and not because that fucker got her pregnant. Sean laid hands on her, which he will pay for, but sex... no, I can't think about that.

I could smell the pancakes before they hit the table, and my mouth started watering. Lily sat with me, laughing at me as I doused my food in syrup, but winced as she did. She kept the conversation light, but I felt how uncomfortable she was.

Grabbing her hand, I asked, "Would you tell me if something was happening at home?"

Her eyes widened. And I knew I shouldn't have asked, but I needed to know the truth. Lily took a deep breath, as deep as she could and nodded. I was about to ask her about the bruises Nathan saw, but she jumped up from the table and said she had to get back to work and disappeared in the back.

I sighed and piled up the dirty plates as best I could before getting out of the booth. My foot stepped on something slick, and I thought it was a napkin, but I was far from wrong. A small bag containing a white substance was under the table where Lily sat.

Looking closely at the package, I didn't notice any markings on it, but if I had to bet, this is the same shit the Devil's Disciples were selling. The question is, why does Lily have it?