30: Shocking Truths

Tiny POV

Kayla and Whiskey stood in the doorway. "What?" I asked, irritated.

"She's not here," Kayla whispered, looking at the ground.

"What do you mean, Lily's not here?" I demanded, but Whiskey stepped up to me, pulling Kayla protectively behind him.

"She sneaked out about an hour after you left. No explanation, and I don't know where she went," Kayla explained, crying.

No, no, no. This can't be happening.

Pushing past them, I ran upstairs to my room, finding it empty. All her possessions, clothes, and any trace of her were gone.

Lily is gone. But why? Sean. He somehow got through our security and took her back. Just as he promised he would.

Looking around the room, I saw the closet door slightly ajar but nothing was missing. The bed looked off-center. There was nothing on it, but under it, was an imprint of a rectangle the size of a notecard lay underneath. I don't remember placing anything under there, but I took a picture to show Hawk.

Downstairs, I barged into Hawk's office and showed him the imprint in the mattress.

"What is it? I found it under my mattress, and I sure as shit didn't put it there," I bit out.

Hawk connected my phone to his computer, and the picture popped up. I watched him run some program, trying to match the imprint to different objects, and I paced as I waited. It didn't take long before it pinged, and I moved to see what he found.

"Give me a minute," he mumbled, punching some keys, and another very long list started running. A map popped up with coordinates and time stamps.

"It's a phone, but not one of ours," he said as texts popped up on the screen.

"What happened?" Killer asked, entering the office with Blade trailing behind.

Ignoring them, I started reading the texts, and panic ensued.

"They have Lily!" I shouted.

My anger reached a boiling point, and I could feel myself losing it. "Lily was safe! Why the fuck would she go back to that hellhole? I promised her she would never have to!"

Hawk motioned for us to look at the TV on the wall and pulled up the texts. My heart sank. The conversation was clearly between Lily and Sean. He said if Lily didn't meet him tonight, then they would charge me with murder. Not only that, but she told him to pick her up at the diner.

"But they have nothing on me! We need to go to the diner. See if she's still there or if anyone saw anything," I said, limping toward the door, but Blade stopped me.

He looked down at my leg, silently questioning me. "It's fine. I wasn't paying attention when I jumped out of the window," I explained. "I'll ask Tiger or Doc to look at it later. We don't have time for this shit. We need to find Lily now!"

"I'll text Doc and ask him to stop by tomorrow to check out your ankle. We will send guys to the diner, but I bet Hawk is already reviewing their cameras," Blade reasoned.

"There's a blacked-out SUV sitting on the side of the building. It belongs to the Devil's Disciples. But also," Hawk said, pointing to a TV hanging on the wall.

Hawk played the footage, and I watched Lily walk up to the SUV as the window rolled down and Sean sat behind the wheel. Lily paused but willingly got in the car before speeding off towards the DD clubhouse.

Sitting down, I rubbed my face, feeling frustrated and lost. I just broke into where Lily is and got caught. My head spun as I replayed the night and how I could've done it differently; better than what I did. Especially knowing I left Lily behind.

Was she there when I broke in, and I missed her? Wait, someone said they took care of their "loose end." Lily.

I vaguely heard the others talking, but I ignored them and started making a plan to bring Lily home. Getting in would be more difficult, knowing I already fucked up, and they'll up security after tonight. They have to know I'll come for Lily, and I will stop at nothing until she is home with me.

Getting up, I left the office and went back upstairs for my bag, but saw the envelope labeled Lily on the floor. I grabbed the envelope and sat on the edge of the bed, debating whether I should open it now or wait to open it with Lily. But if there's important information in there, and I miss it again, I'll never forgive myself.

Lily will forgive me; this is for her benefit. I hope.

Opening the envelope, I pull out a file containing everything about Lily. Papers include where she was born and how she was "dropped off" for adoption.

They more like left her for dead.

I scanned through the documents, looking for something that might help. There was more information here than the file that Hawk found, but not a lot of it was helpful. She bounced around from home to home for a while, then disappeared. At the back of the file, I found a picture of Lily and a woman, presumably her mom. The woman's outfit caught my attention, along with her tattoos.

If this is who I think it is, then Lily is not who we thought.

I returned to Hawk's office and shoved the picture in his face.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" he asked, taking it from me.

"Look," I said, pointing at the woman. "Please tell me that doesn't look like who I think it is. Because if it is, we're fucked, and Lily is-" I stopped, not wanting to finish that sentence.

Hawk took the photo and scanned it into his computer. He ran some program, and it didn't take long before we had our answer, and I wanted to puke. I collapsed into a chair as Hawk called the others, and it didn't take long before Killer called an emergency meeting.

The meeting room filled quickly, despite it being close to 3 a.m., and Killer looked stressed. He doesn't get overwhelmed easily, but this information changes everything.

Gears stood beside me, asking, "What's going on?" But I remained silent.

"Alright, now that everyone is here, we have an issue. Tiny successfully got the information we needed. However, Lily is gone and with Sean and the Devil's Disciples," Killer informed everyone.

Gears looked at me, but I ignored him and ran my hands over my face, frustrated.

"Tiny found extra information, and it poses a bigger problem than we are ready for. Hawk," Killer gestured, and Hawk put the picture I found up, and the chatting started.

I could feel eyes on me and looked up to find Tiger and Gears staring at me, worried.

"For those of you who don't know, this is Sonny, and based on our information, Sonny is Lily's mom. It's not ideal, and we need a plan before they decide to do something stupid. Lily has taken care of us for years. Now, it's our turn to take care of her," Killer stated angrily.

While the others talked about options, I stared at the picture. Lily looked young, probably a few months old, with Sonny. She wore a Devil's Disciples cut and a name tattooed on her chest.

Chains.