36: Sold and Owned

Lily POV

My head spun, and I remained silent as the suits and Disciples discussed other details before they led me outside to a shiny black SUV. A semi-truck was behind it, and Disciple members tossed unmarked bags into the truck, as well as young women. Before I could get a better look, the angry man rushed me into the car, and I sent a silent prayer to anyone out there.

We pulled out in front of the truck and lost sight of it shortly after. The ride remained silent as I sat in the backseat with Blondie, and I stared out of the window, not wanting to face reality.

This is the end. There is no way Tiny and the Riders will find me now. I have no idea where I am going or who these men are. But I know that whatever life I thought I would have is now a far away dream and always will be.

Thirty minutes later, a cell phone rang, cutting the silence and startling me. The leader answered and said nothing as the other person spoke. He hung up shortly after and stepped on the gas, throwing me backward, further into my seat, and gripped the door handle tightly. He made another call while running red lights and eventually pulled onto a small side road and shut off the car.

Five minutes later, another car pulled up, and a man got out, handing us the keys. Blondie dragged me out of the SUV and into the new car. We took off immediately. I didn't understand why we switched cars, but I held my tongue.

Ten minutes later, we drove to what looked like a private airstrip and onto the tarmac, where a jet awaited us. I got yanked out of the car again, and the door slammed behind me before being led onto the plane. The blonde guy walked on first, and I followed behind with the other two behind me. The inside differed from the movies I have seen. There were only a handful of chairs, two on each side, and a couch further back.

Blondie took a seat, pointed at the one next to him, and I sat next to him. The others sat across from us, facing backward, and I tried my best to remain calm. A waitress, or whatever they were on a plane, came by with our drinks and asked us to fasten our seatbelts. She brought the guys whiskey and me water, and we started moving.

I gripped the armrest for dear life as the plane picked up speed and closed my eyes as we took off. A deep laugh rumbled across from me.

"Scared of flying, little one?" the leader laughed.

"Um, I don't know. I've never been on a plane before," I admitted.

"Don't worry," Blondie said next to me, grabbing my hand. "We'll keep you safe."

Safe. A concept I never knew until I lived with Tiny and the Riders, but now... I may never be safe again.

I fell asleep to the thought of Tiny's arms wrapped safely around me and slept until I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders. Gasping, I looked to my left and saw Blondie staring at me, confused.

"We're about to land," he said gruffly.

I sat up straighter and looked out the window and saw tall skyscrapers beneath us. "Where are we?" I whispered to myself.

"Atlanta," the older guy said.

Atlanta?! As in Georgia?

It didn't take long before the wheels touched down, and I was thrown forward, unprepared for the force of it all. The guys didn't seem to notice, and when we came to a stop, they immediately took off their seatbelts and prepared to get off. I, however, remained in my seat, unsure of what to do.

Once the door opened, they motioned for me, and I followed. Having brought nothing, I exited the plane and got into the waiting car.

The drive was beautiful. Even amongst the downtown traffic and buildings, I was in awe. Having never left Washington State, everything looked large and more exciting here. But the fear of the unknown far outweighs my excitement.

After an hour of driving, we pulled into a long driveway with a large gate that opened automatically. I have never seen a house as large as the one in front of me. It was intimidating, and there was nowhere to run to. Panic ensued, and if I had the time to process everything happening, I'm sure I would have passed out, but that's not an option here.

The men led me through the front doors, and I stared at the massive house in awe. Staircases stood on either side of the front doors leading upstairs and looking up, I saw a chandelier. The front hallway was longer than the entire Phoenix Rider clubhouse.

Who are these people?

They led me to a large, open living room and sat me on the couch as they stood in front of me. Their presence gave me anxiety, along with fear of the unknown. The mean guy smirked at me, sensing my fear, and I knew I messed up.

"As you saw, we are in Atlanta, and this is your new home," the leader said. "My name is Mr. Asher or sir, and you will address me as such."

"I'm Mr. Warner or sir," Blondie stated.

Mr. Asher nodded to the other large man and smirked, saying, "You can call him sir or daddy if you're feeling generous."

"As it stands, we own you. We control every aspect of your life from here on out. What you wear, eat, say, and do is ours to control, and you must follow. However, in return for your cooperation, we will take care of all your needs and pamper you in every way," Mr. Asher clarified.

I wanted to ask what he meant about my cooperation, but I stayed quiet. "Sean said you would be perfect. Based on how you bow your head, avoid eye contact, and don't speak unless spoken to, he was right," Mr. Warner smiled.

I'm not "perfect," I just know how to play the game. If I don't want to end up with bruises and broken bones, then I listen the first time and do as I'm told. But that's no way to live. I've gone from one abuser to another, but this time there are three of them, and I have no idea what they want. What the hell has my life become?