3: Reality

Lily POV

Seeing everyone pitch in to help me and Pop was overwhelming. I didn't ask any of them for help, but they were willing to do without anything in return, and I was grateful. When Tiny offered to take me to the clubhouse for a nap, my head told me no, but my body refused.

When I saw the enormous bed with multiple pillows. I was in heaven. Tiny offered me a shirt and a pair of basketball shorts, and I didn't bother asking whose they were because I didn't care. All I wanted was to sleep, and promptly did after thanking Tiny. When he called me Sunshine, my heart fluttered, and a smile crept over my face.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out cold. I slept so well I didn't hear my alarm and woke up ten minutes late, panicking. Throwing off the covers, I scrambled for my clothes and quickly changed. I found my phone and keys and ran downstairs.

Downstairs Killer, Blade, and Tiny sat in the living room, and everyone turned as I hit the last step. "Thank you for everything. I appreciate it, but I'm late and need to get home. Thank you!" I blurted, running out the door. I could hear Tiny calling after me, but I didn't have time.

Getting into my car, I jammed the keys in the ignition, and prayed it would turn over the first time. "Come on, come on, come on!" I urged, and it turned over. Putting it in gear, I raced out of the Rider's driveway and to the apartment.

My nerves grew the closer I got, and I knew if I didn't get it under control, I would be in a world of hurt. As I drove, I went over my story. I know it like the back of my hand, as I've told it a thousand times by now. Some days he believes me, while others...

Not today, Lily. He'll believe you today. Besides, you're only...shit. Ten minutes late.

Parking, I smoothed out my dress and headed up the three flights of stairs. Music blared from the other side of the door, and I groaned. We have guests. Opening the door I found Sean and his two "friends" on the couch, sharing a bong. Empty baggies and beer bottles surrounded them, and I knew they were beyond fucked up.

I set my stuff on the small dining room chair and went to change, but Sean had other ideas. He stood in front of me in three strides, with glassy eyes and pissed.

"You're late," he bit out, grabbing my upper arm roughly, pushing me against the wall.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking down at the ground. "Things got busy, and Pops needed my help for a few extra minutes. I promise to be home on time tomorrow."

Sean dug his fingers into my upper arm, but I bit my tongue. Holding back my cry, knowing it fueled him. "Pops better learn that he's borrowing my time not yours. If you care about him, you won't be late again," he breathed, digging his fingers into my arm.

"Now hurry up. We're hungry," he growled, letting me go and returning to the couch to take another hit.

I rubbed my arm and headed to the bedroom, closing the door behind me. But I couldn't lock it. Sean took it off soon after I moved in, and we got into a fight. I locked myself in the room to get away from him. Sean didn't like that, so he made sure I could never do it again.

I quickly changed into jeans and a comfy shirt before returning to the kitchen and found a few things in the fridge that I could make into something. After twenty minutes, I placed three plates of chicken, rice, and broccoli in front of the guys. Sean grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap, prohibiting me from getting up.

"Where are you going? Huh? Don't you want to sit with us while we eat dinner?" he jeered, moving my hair away from my neck.

"Of course. I was going to grab you all a drink," I stated calmly. He let go and smacked my ass hard as I stood up. I bit back my cry and grabbed the last three beers from the fridges. I opened them and handed one to each guy before Sean pulled me back onto him.

An hour later, I could tell the guys had too much to drink, and they were running low on both booze, and drugs. It was only a matter of time before they found something else to occupy their time.

Or someone.

I cleaned up dinner, put the leftovers in the fridge for Sean, and cleaned everything else I left in the sink, which piled up over the day. The guys got up to leave, and I dried my hands to say goodbye, just as Sean expected.

Standing next to Sean, one of his friends thanked me and said, "I like her. Maybe next time we can have some fun together. She would make a nice addition to the night. Too bad we ran out of booze," he mused, raking his eyes over my body, creeping me out.

"Next time," Sean mused, and showed them out the door. Once closed, I returned to cleaning the kitchen, but a large hand grabbed my neck, pulling me backwards, and slamming me against the wall. His hand found the front of my neck and squeezed tightly, cutting off my air flow. I clawed at his hands, but it only made him angrier.

He let me go and smirked as I coughed and forced cold air back into my lungs. Leaning against the wall, I sucked in a breath only for it to be knocked out of me from a fist to my abdomen. I bent over, grabbing the back of the chair to stabilize myself and looked up to find Sean's dark eyes staring at me.

Straightening out, I regained my breath and waited for the next blow. "What the fuck was that?!" he yelled. I didn't answer. "They left because you forgot to restock the fucking fridge, and we ran out of booze! You fucking bitch!" he raged on, backhanding me.

My cheek stung, and I bit back the tears as he dragged me by my hair to the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. "I'll make sure you won't make the same mistake again," he sneered.

Go to your happy place, take deep breaths, and close your eyes. It won't last forever.