24: Gone Sideways

Tiny POV

As Lily sat in the bathtub, I sat in my anger. Seeing Lily shaking and scared because of the shower angered me. I should have thought about how a shower would make her feel, but I didn't. It didn't even occur to me.

Idiot.

But the fact that she didn't want me to know hurt most. I could see the fear and hesitancy in telling me, knowing at one point, someone ignored her needs. But I didn't think twice about fixing it. Tomorrow I will talk to Shotgun and Hawk about tearing out the shower and putting in a tub. She will never have to shower again if it makes her happy.

I gave her some of my clothes and carried her back to my room before saying goodnight. Thankfully, she fell asleep instantly, making me feel slightly better about not being able to stay.

Downstairs, I grabbed my backpack and loaded it up with the others. We drove about forty minutes south before some of us stopped and pulled off the road on each side while the others continued another five miles down the road.

I stopped my bike about 100 yards from the road and parked it in the bushes before trekking back to the road. We pulled out the spike strip and waited for the signal while Ace, Shotgun, Vegas, and Killer waited on the other side with theirs.

"Thirty seconds," he called, looking at his watch.

He was the wizard with cars and speed, knowing how long it would take with all the variables. Sure enough, thirty seconds later, Blade called over the radio to lay the spikes out.

I threw them across the road, and Shotgun straightened them out on the other side. We stood back and counted down the seconds before we saw headlights approaching. The semi-truck saw the strip, but it was too late.

Pop. First two tires.

Pop. Pop. Trailer tires.

Pop. Pop. Final trailer set, causing it to come to a screeching halt.

Blade and five others pulled up on their bikes behind the truck, stopping to help us. Killer and Shotgun took the cab, dragging out the driver and passenger, before knocking them unconscious. The rest of us went to the back, and Blade cut open the lock on the door. Vegas grabbed one door while Gears grabbed the other, but before we could swing it open, they fired shots, nailing Gears in the arm.

I pulled him back and took cover. Taking a rag from Gears' pocket, I quickly tied it around his arm to lessen the bleeding, and he gave me a nod. I could hear girls screaming inside, moving further back into the trailer, making our job of getting them out harder. We expected extra Disciples, but not carrying automatics with an unlimited amount of ammo with them.

Eventually, they stopped firing, and one of them shouted, "Leave now, or we will start shooting the girls!"

I looked at Killer and knew that wasn't an option for us. Walking around the truck, I tried to find another way in, but there wasn't. However, if Shotgun and I could get on top of the trailer and fire in from above, with a little luck, we could hit the Devil's Disciples and not the girls. But there's no guarantee until we open the door.

"Myself and Shotgun will come from the top. One side should shoot through it nearest the doors, and don't fucking hit one of ours on the other side," I whispered to Killer. He nodded, and we went to work.

I could hear Killer shouting to help cover our movements. Climbing onto the top was the simple part. Moving without being heard, however, was nearly impossible for Shotgun.

"Think light feet, you idiot," I harshly whispered, and he rolled his eyes before taking a few more squeaky steps. Thankfully, Killer started a shouting match to help cover the noise.

Once in position, I gave them a thumbs-up, and Killer counted us down. Shotgun and I took the first round of shots, shooting straight down near the doors before Blade and Gears fired from the side of the truck. Whiskey motioned for us to hold fire, and the only thing we could hear were sobs from the women and children. Vegas and Killer swung the trailer doors open, and Shotgun and I leaned over to see several dead Devil's Disciples inside.

Five. More than what I was expecting.

It took us forty minutes to convince the girls we were there to help, and even then, the only reason they would exit was because Ace called Tiger, who talked to them.

We rescued forty women and children, and thankfully, no one was hurt on our account. After stripping the truck, we found more than just girls. Most of us were ready to lose our shit, but any loud noise sent the girls crying and hiding from us. We drove them to a safe house twenty minutes from the clubhouse and got them settled in for the night.

Back at the clubhouse, Killer asked, "How did you know they wouldn't be standing right there? That was a big risk. Too big."

"I heard them moving towards the back, away from us and the guns. That's where I would hide if I were them," I confirmed.

"Nice job tonight," Gears said, clapping my back.

"I would say you too, but your ass got shot. There's always next time," I joked, and Gears headed to the back room to get stitched up.

Upstairs, I found Lily passed out in a corner of my bed and smiled. Throwing my bag in the closet, I showered in Gear's room, not wanting to trigger a nightmare for Lily.

Lily was still in the same position when I came back. I thought about joining her, but knew it wasn't my place, and my mom raised me better than to sleep with someone without permission. Even if it is just sharing a bed.

I grabbed some extra blankets and a pillow from the closet and set up shop on the floor. Looking at my almost-dead phone, I sighed.

Four thirty a.m. Awesome. With any luck, I can sleep until noon, but something tells me that isn't going to happen. We got more than we bargained for tonight, and that's not a good sign. The Devil's Disciples are stepping up their game, and we need to prepare for the worst.

*****

Someone pounded on my door, jerking me awake. I glanced over to the bed, hoping they didn't wake Lily, but it was empty and made. She didn't need to do that.

Opening the door, Tiger stood outside, looking exhausted. "Can I come in?" she asked. I stood aside, and she took in the made bed and mess on the floor.

"At least you're a gentleman, and I don't have to beat your ass," she laughed.

"Is there a reason I'm up before noon?" I asked, annoyed.

"Sean came by last night," Tiger stated, knocking the air out of me. "He said if we don't hand over Lily, then they will turn her over to the police for selling cocaine and pin the murders on her, too."

Not on my watch.

"I just wanted you to know before the meeting today. And no, Lily doesn't know," she confirmed before leaving.

This cannot be happening. Lily and I just got our footing, and if she knew what was happening, she would return in a heartbeat. She cannot know. Not if it means I lose her.