chapter 28

"Boy, they look really depressed

"Boy, they look really depressed. Must be cuz there's even less participants now." Monotaro suddenly commented, staring at us. 

"Don't say they look depressed! You'll make Monodam sad!" Monophanie scolded, taking a peek at her brother.

"Ah, well..." I trailed off, bringing a finger up to my cheek. "...I suppose bonds will grow stronger than ever after this class trial. In the end, sacrifices must be made."

Monodam looked a bit crestfallen. "...OF-COURSE."

"Puhuhu... As much as I'd love to keep hearing this adorable back-and-forth... Let's hurry up and get this started!" Monokuma declared, throwing his hands up into the air. "At last, the class trial will begin! I hope you enjoy it to your heart's content!"

I stifled a yawn by covering my mouth with my hand, blew a kiss at the cameras, and took my place by my podium. 

I have access to the media to know how well this season of Danganronpa's airing. The amount of fanart I've seen of myself... is concerning. And flattering.

There was a lot of ship art, but we're not going to stray further into that. To put it simply, it was horrifying.

"Ahem! Now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" The headmaster's voice rang throughout the courtroom like a gameshow host. "During the trial you'll present your arguments for who the culprit is, and vote for "who-dunnit. Vote correctly, and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will graduate from this academy! Also, refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone!"

"Now, smiles, everyone! It's showtime! Let's get this crazy-awesome class trial underway!"

I took two fingers and pressed the sides of my lips up, before quickly settling down and resting my arms on the railing.

I laughed softly, stretching like a carefree child. "This'll be fun, right? ł'₥ Ɇ₦JØɎł₦₲ ₮Ⱨł₴ already!"

I cocked my head to the side, brushing the [h/c] hair out of my eyes. "It gets a little boring over time, but once you step back and admiring your handywork... the end result, it's worth it."

You're lying. A blurred silhouette denied with a quick shake of their head, ruffling their [h/l] hair.

"Haaaha! That's funny. I Ɇ₦JØɎ this. Come on, just look at this." I crossed my legs, leaning back on the hilltop. 

Nighttime. Dim lighting. Beautiful, golden sparks. The s̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶ chirps of crickets serenaded my ears.

"Just check out the view from up here. I don't know any of these people in the first place. You only care when it's someone you know. These people? Nothing but insignificant insects." I flicked my wrist dismissively as I heard an explosion go off in the distance.