chapter 30

"N-No

"N-No...! Monotaro... why?! ...BLRBLRBLRBLRBLRBLRB!" Monophanie screamed, throwing up instantly.

"Wh-What the...? To think... another one of my cute children would die..." Monokuma stuttered, sweat[?] pouring down his robotic body. "
Ahhh... It's so cute! It's so freakin' cute that him losing his footing for a singular moment costed him his life! Puhuhuhuhu!"

"..." Himiko in particular was looking pretty down.

"Well, looks like another class trial has wrapped up without incident, so..." Monokuma skimmed over happily. "I'm gonna head over to [y/n]'s room to collect the ashes of the Necronomicon!"

"..Yeah, sorry. I threw them out." I said bluntly, lying through my teeth.

"WH-WH-HUH?!" The headmaster shrieked in shock, before suddenly turning downcast and crestfallen. "Ughh.... you guys should've brought someone back to life and added them to your roster."

"S-Shut up! How long are you gonna keep talking about that?" Kaito snapped.

"Ignore him. The whole resurrection ritual is obviously a lie." Maki dismissed, clearly unfazed. "He's just trying to shake us mentally to get us to panic. I'm assuming you'll think another murder will happen if you do that, right?"

"Puhuhu... Who can say?"

"What a waste. If none of were gonna use it, you should've let me have it." Monophanie sighed in disappointment. "Then I could've resurrected one of my dead siblings..."

Yeah, actually, I can do that without the Necronomicon, but I don't want to.

"It's too bad you missed your chance to raise the dead. That's what you get for doubting me!" Monokuma shrugged it off. "Puhuhuhuhu! Too bad!"

"So long! Bear well!"

Shuichi frowned. "Even now he still talks about raising the dead..."

"Man... this is stupid. What people believe in is up to them, but..." Kaito trailed off, wiping his chin. "Living people shouldn't have to suffer because of the dead! The living are more precious than the dead! No matter what!"

"...That's not something a coward like you should say." Maki belittled calmly, closing her eyes.

"Sh-Shut up... Leave me alone."

"...Are all gods like this, [y/n]?" Tsumugi asked tearily, holding her hands together. "Just watching everything go on without a word... watching human lives like it's all just one big game?"

I jolted up, stiffening. "...Um... well- people don't give two shits as long as it's not them. Gods are the same. And since I'm sooo much stronger and higher than you... I view humans like bugs! Insects, but without the scary part."

"..Cuz... if there really is a god, they definitely hate me." I quietly mumbled, wiping an eyelash off my face.

"Well... that's why we have to work together, right? Face it together." Shuichi resolved. "Our Ultimate talents are the best weapons we have."