chapter 33

[a/n]: i somehow managed to scrap up some extra time in-between life's bullshit so i finished this chapter early instead of late!! tysm for all of your support guys

Why is it that when you fall asleep and wake up, you're tired as fuck, but when you pull an all-nighter, you're as energetic as can be?

I pondered this as the morning announcement went off, squinting my eyes open.

"MONOPHANIE. WE-CAN'T. EVEN-IF-WE-COULD, I-WOULDN'T-WANT-TO." Monodam refused on-screen, shaking his head.

"Boo-hoo-hoo... there's nothing more heartbreaking than an unrequited love..." Monophanie sobbed softly, covering her face with her hands. "You weren't like this before. You used to be... so nice..."

Are you actually trying to guilt-trip your brother into going out with you?

"THAT-WAS-BEFORE-YOU-MAINFESTED-YOUR-FUCKING-INCEST-BULLSHIT." The brother lost his composure for a split second, before shaking his head. I think that was the first time he cussed.

"Boo-hoo-hoo..."

The monitor turned off. I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose for a minute or two before finally starting to get ready for the day.

I walked towards the dining hall with my hands in my pockets. Once I walked in, everyone was already gathered and focused on Gonta.

"Gonta no can take this anymore! That's why Gonta go fight Monokuma!"

"Shuichi, good timing! Talk some sense into him! Gonta's saying a bunch of reckless stuff and he won't listen to us!" Himiko turned towards the startled detective, who had arrived before me a minute earlier.

"Uh- I just got here. Did I miss something?" I waved awkwardly, wincing at the loud voices. 

 "Huh? [y/n]?! When did you get here?!" Himiko blurted out, wiping the sweat off her brow.

"What? Are you saying I'm easily forgettable now?!" I stammered, feigning ignorance. "Do I seriously have to make a flashy entrance every time?"

Oh, right. The Ultimate Influence is the one that's memorable. Just me wouldn't work, you know.

I mean, if you want, just accept 'Ultimate Influence' as the real you. They won't remember you if you randomly become quiet.

"Aack! That's like, so, so, so, so, soo meaaan!" I buried my face in my hands dramatically, sobbing. After that, I shook my head, wringing my hands out.

"Oh, and stop doing reckless shit or whatever, Gonta. It would totally suck if a meatshield like you just-" I slowly drew a line over my throat with my finger, sticking my tongue out. "If someone has to die, at least make it someone useless- like Kaito or Miu."

"C'mon man, that was uncalled for..."

"Gonta know it reckless... but it only way to save everyone. Waiting around, doing nothing just make more victims..." The gentle giant narrowed his eyes. "That's why Gonta gotta risk his life! Real gentlemen would risk life! Gonta gladly give up life to save everyone!"