chapter 18

I stared up at the monitor blankly, not letting a singular silver of emotion show through

I stared up at the monitor blankly, not letting a singular silver of emotion show through. Simply because I didn't know what I was feeling in the first place. 

Although I doubted I would allow my sentiments to be read on my face, even if I held the ability to decipher everything running through my mind.

Indifferent? Jubilated? Incandescent? Woeful? Fatigued?

On one hand, I had expected this, even before the season of Danganronpa aired. I knew what was coming- who the culprit was- and correctly predicted how Kirumi would react to being convicted.  All of my hopes for her to escape... was it a facade? Nevertheless, I grasped the fact that her attempts would remain fruitless beforehand.

On the other...

Saying I was shocked when she met her demise would be an obvious lie.

Saying that a small part of myself was secretly hoping that the script wouldn't go to plan...

...

Who am I kidding? If the script somehow glitched... that would be a disaster, would it not? Quite inconvenient. 

...I suppose it would be exciting, at the very least.

A welcome change.

. . .

Monodam's robotic face remained stony and as blank as a new piece of paper.

"Wh-Why Monodam...?" Monotaro retched, holding his head in his paws.  "...BLRGBLRBLGHBLRBLGH!"

"IF-YOU-NEED-TO-VOMIT... LET-IT-OUT. YOU-WILL-FEEL-MUCH-BETTER-AFTERWARD." Monodam suggested calmly, as if he didn't just commit murder 10 seconds ago. "MONOSUKE... HE-WAS-NO-DIFFERENT-FROM-MONOKID."

JESUS, IS MURDER A PART OF THE BLOODLINE OR SOMETHING?! I mean, I did tell him to do that if it were completely necessary... was it really, though??

"HE-WAS-GETTING-IN-THE-WAY... OF-US-GETTING-ALONG. WE-DON'T-NEED-HIM." He dismissed, waving his metallic paw around.  

I think that the "getting along" thing is becoming an obsession. ...I guess I'll visit him later.

"D-Don't need him...?" Monotaro muttered weakly.

"WE-FEW-REMAINING-MONOKUBS... MUST-GET-ALONG. NO-MATTER-WHAT... WE-MUST-ALWAYS-GET-ALONG. NOT-EVEN-FATHER-CAN-STOP-US-FROM-GETTING-ALONG. NOT-IF-HE-KNOWS-WHAT-IS-GOOD-FOR-HIM."

Yep, definitely an obsession.

"THIS-ACADEMY-BELONGS-TO-US... THE-AGE-OF-THE-MONOKUBS-BEGIN-NOW..." He declared, beginning going haywire, his neck somehow unhinging as he raised his paws towards the stars above. His neck snapped back into place as quickly as it wasn't. "HA-HA-HA-HA-HA."

Monophanie puked out of sheer trepidation. 

"H-How dare you take that rebellious tone with me, young man..." Monokuma scolded, sweating profusely. "And yet, this angsty attitude of yours is just so cute! It's so cute how your little crew has shrunk by one member! Yep, shrunk! You're not getting any larger, y'know!?"