chapter 23

[a/n]: updates might be later because i have really shitty writer's block right now

"It's always this 'Atua says' bullshit, you know?" I whined, closing my eyes. "But that's fine. I can put up with this until I get my way. Patience is necessary."

"Ooooh, ominous." Kokichi tilted his head, lying on his side. "By the way, [y/n]..."

"Hm?"

"What the FUCK were you THINKING, getting Gonta to block the manhole!?"

I flinched, mildly startled by the sudden change of tone. Wow, talk about contrast! You knew he was being serious when he starts cursing, but you know I'm being serious when I don't use a single fuck word!

I hummed nonchalantly, shrugging. "Sacrifices must be made. Besides... you know this is temporary, don't you?"

"Riight, right." He huffed, tugging on my cheeks. "Just how temporary will this be?"

I simply chuckled, gently removing his hands from my face. "As long as it takes for me to achieve my goal- and it'll be soon, but if I gave you a specific number, I would be bullshitting. Either way, you have waaayy more faith in me than this Atua guy, hmmmm?"

"..." Kokichi sighed hesitantly, before beaming happily. "Of course I do, [y/n]."

"Thanks~!" I sang, hugging him tightly. "By the way, I managed to get Tenko and Gonta to support me. The thing is, Angie basically has zero power without Gonta- or Tenko, for the count. Without the threat of physical retaliation, I can do whatever I please."

"Gonta, sure, but Tenko? Didn't you punch her across the room a few days ago?"

"Only with dirty fighting, Kokichi. I doubt I could beat her in a fair spar." I clicked my tongue. "Eh, who gives a shit? As long as I win~!"

The purple-haired troublemaker rolled his eyes, leaning on my chest. "You're so shameless, [y/n]. That's not a good thing."

"..." I stared at him blankly.

"Okayy, I guess there's no fooling you. Geeez, you're no fun."

"..."

"...Liars know liars, don't they?" He finally gave up, laughing brightly.

If only you knew what lies I've been telling. I thought coldly, biting back the words that I so desperately wanted to say. I grinned, clasping his hands in my own. "Of course we do. That's why you're one of the only people I actually like here~!"

"Glad to know the feeling's mutual, then."

How poetic. 

Lying to each other about our true selves, barely scraping the surface while trying to keep the other from ripping your facade off.

I want him to rip my facade off.

I blinked my [e/c] eyes, looking around his room for a minute or so before picking up a random book on the floor. After a bit, I landed on something... interesting, in the very least.