chapter 43

I hate my life

I hate my life.

Or, I hate what's currently happening in my life right now, but at the same time, I don't mind it that much. I bit back a small huff as I tried to concentrate all of my attention on the book in front of me.

It's a little hard when I feel the presence of an idiot with a cute face next to me. How long has it been since it was just the two of us? God, I feel like one of those stupid teenage high-school girls who'd write their crush's name in a bullcrap notebook, thinking, 'wow! We were really meant to be! I wanna stay with them for years to come!' And then they'd daydream about some fairytale with them as the main characters.

I felt him lean over my shoulder to look at whatever I was reading, so I quickly turned the page to make it look like I was actually busy instead of just zoning out the entire time. That raised an eyebrow. Yeah, he knows I'm lying.

Given that this year is the last year for both of us, I doubt we'll have a happily-ever-after. Not that I deserve one in the first place. I lost my humanity long ago, after all!

...Replaced by an almighty god. Obviously. A god that isn't supposed to feel or need love in their life.

Actually... let me rephrase that.

There's only one happily-ever-after that I deserve. One that I've been working for so long, instead of just randomly appearing in my heart because of fucking CUPID. So... let's talk about my Disney tale, okaay? Not the Ultimate Influence. Just me! [y/n] [l/n]...

...At least, what I think is left of them...

...I don't know what parts are real, and what parts are fabricated. You'll have to tie up the loose ends yourself! Good luck, because even I can't...

...you know.

. . .

Once upon a time, there was an adorable kid named [y/n]. At first, nothing was wrong with them. They were nice. And... nice. And... uh... kind? That was basically their only personality trait...

...Oh, and they had straight A's. Obviously. Because they're oh-so-incredibly smart. Their parents must feel very, very lucky to have such a wonderful child like them, right?

WRONG! THEY WERE TOTAL ASSHOLES! The 100%'s were average, and anything below was garbage. The fact that I was trying my best? Haha, those words were basically laughable. MY BEST wasn't good enough. They hated me for sure. Sometimes, I wanted them to never forget me, obviously!

Sure, they were... kind of... strict on the grades thing, and I kind of hate them for that. I mean, all they would do when I messed up on one little thing was tell my entire family about it. And when they weren't doing that, they completely ignored me. None of them looked my way. At least, when I did something wrong, they actually talked about me. Gave me attention, even if it was negative.