chapter 35

I crossed my arms with a small, unfazed grin as I watched Miu desperately try to find an excuse for herself

I crossed my arms with a small, unfazed grin as I watched Miu desperately try to find an excuse for herself. How did I figure it out? Her plan was flawless! Absolutely FLAWLESS. Had her target found out about her plot and told someone?! No. That wasn't right. That couldn't be right.

Even though I call Miu a stupid bitch 24/7, we all give her too little credit. Honestly, if she was less horny, her intelligence would be way more obvious. So, I'm going to assume she noticed the growing distance between Kokichi and I.

Miu should know that all our strength is equivalent in the virtual world. The idea would be to either pick someone who's alone or to pick someone dimwitted. After all, if you didn't have your strength, the only thing you could rely on were either your brains or your allies.

...I guess she went with someone that she thought nobody would ever defend. I'm- I'm not defending him. It's just a precaution... and I'm trying to piece together the bigger picture. That's all.

However, Kokichi's definitely smarter than... well, everyone in the cast. Either way, it's really risky. Gonta may have been a better choice, because he makes up for his brains using his brawn. Yet his brawn would be taken away in the program.

Let's see this in Miu's position. Gonta's well-liked, and Kokichi isn't. Kokichi suspects something? Nobody would believe him. Gonta would never suspect something in the first place, so either way, there's a small chance that someone else butts in on her plan. The factor that should matter the most is who would contribute more to a class trial. And what is the most important thing in a class trial? Intelligence.

That leaves the best candidate. Kokichi.

Sucks to be her, even she couldn't figure out how her two options worked together.

As entertaining as it was to watch her squirm, I had to get this over with before the others got suspicious. "There's no need for me to check the code. I already came here. You want to kill Kokichi, don't you?"

"What- what?! I didn't- I didn't... am I really that untrustworthy!?" Miu squealed, grasping her head in her hands. "It's not- I didn't-"

"Hey, hey, calm down." I deadpanned, my eyes narrowing into slits as I tapped open the computer. "I'll keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity to make this killing game more interesting."

"Here's the deal, 'kay?" I typed in another few lines of code into the program as I turned it around for her to see. "...I keep my mouth shut... and in exchange,"

"You give me a part in his death."

>miu_iruma freezes when in contact with [y/n]_[l/n].

Miu swallowed, sweat pouring down her face. The inventor clutched her hands into fists, looking back and forth. What choice did she have? She was backed into a corner. Leave it to the suicidal war criminal to directly confront her about it.