chapter 16

"Welcome! You've hopelessly arrived once again!" Monokuma exclaimed in a cheeky manner

"Welcome! You've hopelessly arrived once again!" Monokuma exclaimed in a cheeky manner. "Hm? Did you wanna come here again cuz of how wonderful it is? Isn't it wonderful? I put so much effort into building this place, it should be a monument."

"Actually, we're the ones who used the Exisals to build the courtroom..." Monotaro interrupted. "But Father just took all the credit!"

"BUT-I-AM-HAPPY... TO-BE-USED-AS-A-SLAVE ...BY-FATHER."

MONODAM, NO! I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GROUND A ROBOT. HE'S GROUNDED ONCE I FIGURE OUT HOW. WHAT HAS MONOKUMA BEEN PLANTING IN YOUR BRAIN??

Monosuke sighed, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. "You idiots are really committin' to this henchmen bit."

"You guys are just so cute that I can't help working you to the bone." The "father" panted. Gross.

"You put a lot of elaborate detail into this courtroom. Almost like it's for show." Kokichi commented.

HAHAHA... well, about that... Uhm... Hi viewers! What's up? Enjoying the show so far? Hi readers! I'm impressed that you made it this far into this fanfiction, but thanks for- wait, what am I saying?

"For show, huh? That's an interesting way to put it." Monokuma played dumb.

"Is this just for show? Are you showing this to people outside and-" Kirumi started.

"WOAAAHHH! THIS IS SOOOO COOOOLLLL!" I shouted out dramatically, suddenly cutting her off with a large grin on my face. "Flashy! Flamboyant! Some kind of word that Tengen from Demon Slayer would use!... Now, let's get this show on the road! EPISODE, COMMENCE!"

"[y/n], we should really hang out some time..." Tsumugi requested enthusiastically.

I tilted my head to the side. "Really? You're not scared that I could murder you in the middle of it?"

"...Well..."

"I'm flattered! Great! We could watch some super-duper cool anime together, I'm open to recommendations, and if you feel unsafe, I could plant one of the buff guys outside the door or something, I dunno." I sang playfully, swaying back and forth. "I have a lotta stuff that I just need to infodump about." 

After those words left my mouth, we all stepped onto our respective podiums. Nervous expressions filled the room, with the exceptions of Kokichi and I. 

Kokichi had a fake smile on his face.

I had a real one.

Most find it as a life-or-death situation. Nobody- and I mean nobody wanted to believe that we had to sentence another one of us to their surely painful demise.

No matter how they decided to cope. 

Some may lie to everyone, including themselves. Some may cower and run, hesitant to admit and point fingers. This is the method called "hiding from the truth, despite knowing that one day- one day, it will find them."