chapter 42

Oh, Monodam

Oh, Monodam. Now I really have nobody to talk to about my mastermind problems. Not without revealing my identity, that is. I thought to myself, staring at the half-green bear's halved corpse. Not that I ever did come to you...

Forcing your kid to be your therapist isn't... well, the best idea. Then again, murdering your kid for the sake of the good reviews isn't a good idea either.

God, I might even be worse than my parents. 9-year-old me would be disappointed. I am too- no, a better word would be pissed, but 9-year-old me would have been MORTIFIED. What do you mean, you're just like someone you HATE, someone you've sworn to never become?

I can't believe I morphed into... whatever. I picked up on how to get my way from them, anyways.

The first thing that snapped me back to reality was when Kokichi suddenly let me go harshly, almost pushing me over. I raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything instead of crossing my arms over my chest with a bright smile.

Is this really love?

What does that word even mean? To do whatever it takes for the other person to be happy? To want to be with them? To feel fond with them, and to feel like I can be myself whenever I see them around?

I tried to make him unhappy so he could be 'happy' in the future, but we all know that's a stupid excuse. It's only because I don't want to cry when he's gone.

Or I don't want to see him cry when...

I want to be with him, but I pushed him away. I wasn't happy about being happy around him.

Whatever. I've been pushing him away for so long, there's no way I can grab his hand this far in. There's no use dawdling about it. 

I... love him, sure. 

But he deserves so much better.

"Puhuhu! Surprised? What a twist, huh?" Monokuma mused, his chest rising up and down rapidly. Perfectly mirroring a human emotion, wow! "E-Even I didn't see that coming! All my little cubs have been destroyed! Waaaaaah! So sad! All that cuteness gone to waste!"

I felt my eye twitch, as I turned around and swallowed thickly. It's fine. I'm fine. I should be used to this by now. And besides, let's be honest! I deserve this.

"What are you talking about!? You're the one responsible for this!" Kiibo shouted, pointing forth. "Wh-Why would you do such a thing to your own children!?"

Good question! Also, uh-uh. No. It's me. I'm the one that's responsible- I don't like the fact, but at least give me the credit instead of Monokuma. I mean, seriously! Ew.

"Cuz lately, they've been taking away from my originality and cuteness! There can only be one!" Monokuma declared cockily, before bursting out into booming laughter. I flinched, covering my ears. "Gah! I'm never gonna get the hang of this whole "parenting" thing!"