chapter 3

Monokuma and the Monokubs left, leaving an eerie silence behind

Monokuma and the Monokubs left, leaving an eerie silence behind. That was then quickly broken by an alarm ringing out throughout the entire gym followed by a vibration in one of my many pockets.

Oh, right, the Monopads. I completely forgot about that. My bad! I reached into the silk/lace jacket, pulling out the electronic. A message popped up on the screen.

"Regulations"

"Students must live at the Ultimate Academy for the remainder of their foreseeable future."

"Once a murder takes place, all surviving students must participate in a class trial."

"If the blackened is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed."

"If the blackened is not exposed, all remaining students will be executed."

"If the blackened survives the class trial, they will graduate and re-enter the outside world."

"The killing game and class trials will continue until only two surviving students remain."

"Nighttime is from 10 p.m. to 8 p.m. The dining hall and gymnasium are off-limits at night."

"Violence towards Monokuma, the headmaster of the Ultimate Academy, is strictly prohibited."

"Monokuma will never directly commit a murder."

"Your Monopads are very important objects. Please do not damage them."

"The body discovery announcement will play when three or more students discover a body."

"With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore the campus at your discretion."

"Students who violate these rules will be immediately exterminated by the Exisals."

"The headmaster may add new regulations to this list at any time."

I closed the tablet as I watched the other Ultimates follow the same action.

"Wooah! This totally feels like a prison!" I exclaimed loudly. "This seems totally super-duper exciting, wow. I can't wait to see who dies first." I hummed. "I don't suppose you all are suicidal?"

"What the hell, man?! Why are you even asking that?! Don't tell me you actually plan on /playing/ this game?" Kaito spat out.

I cocked my head to the side, a devilish grin spreading across my face as a blank, dull look entered my [e/c] eyes. "That's the point of games, isn't it? To play them? And this seems like one of the least boring games I'll ever play."

"W-What is wrong with you?!"

"Humanity is so tedious and borrriinnggg!" I complained, pouting. "Why can't any of you just enjoy anything fun?!"