chapter 46

. . .

convo between @yumakokohead and @mewdoesthings

. . .

OBJECTIVE: FIND [Y/N]!!!!!!

Apparently, [y/n] didn't manage to start an entire World War from being lucky, nor did they manage to evade capture just because they were a kid. Of course, they wouldn't- many people refused to believe that a sweet, 15-year-old teen would manage to spread so much misery and horror like unhinged psychopath.

"Whoever this person is- they've lost their mind." At least, that's what my agency always said. Or maybe something like, "No, Saihara. They're far too dangerous for you."

Dangerous. Completely unreasonable. They described them like they were an adult, who only had a singular thought on their mind. Violence.

For a while, I believed them, too. A 15-year-old, starting all this? Impossible, it couldn't be- they had to have had some kind of help, some kind of otherworldly sources, right? I'm just an apprentice, but it still frustrated me when they treated me like a little kid.

I was a fool.

They were just looking out for me, trying to protect me, but all I wanted was some sort of responsibility that an adult would have. But the adults who pursued them always ended up dead.

I didn't live near wherever [y/n] was causing destruction, but I was always waiting in both fear and anticipation about if they would come to my town next.

They never did. It felt like they had visited every single place except for mine- of course, riots still happened- I stayed holed up in my room, praying to whatever god out there for it to be over. It's loud. A rock crashed through my window once.

I didn't know glass shards could do so much damage. At least I closed my eyes. Somehow, I don't remember what the riots were- unless...

...

If it was already so hectic outside when they weren't there, how bad would it be when they were?

Then the news arrived that they were captured... after killing a girl and jumping off a rooftop. Nobody knew why- but many people started up a round of theories. Lovers, a blind fit of rage- maybe this [y/n] finally snapped but needed to take one last person with them to the grave.

And they were 15.

Only 15.

I couldn't believe someone only a year younger than me could do something like this.

[y/n] [l/n] lived.

What would've happened if they didn't?

But they did. They survived.

It's funny how someone who started up so much despair and misery managed to worm their way into my heart. After all they've done, I couldn't help but trust them. Their diary in their Ultimate Lab. No backstory could excuse anything that they've done, but god, in that moment, I just thought-