chapter 2

I crossed my legs as I sat on the floor as Kaede and Shuichi entered the area, completing the 17 participants in the Killing Game

All the Ultimates had gathered together in the gymnasium. Finally, this thing can begin. If the prologue went on for too long, the ratings would plummet into the toilet.

It shouldn't be more than two episodes, and we're already halfway through episode 2, so we should really finish it up.

"All 17 of us have gathered..." The Ultimate Maid put a finger under her chin, narrowing her warm, sage-green eyes. 

"Hmm, it's pretty spectacular seeing all 17 of us Ultimates gathered together." Kaito grinned, putting his hands on his hips.

The masked dude chuckled. "Kehehe... you may not be able to be so easygoing for much longer..."

"In this situation, it's no use thinking about things. So Tsumugi stopped thinking." The girl narrated like her life was some sort of fanfiction. Which technically was correct.

Himiko sighed, looking to the ground. "Nyeeeh... What's going to happen to us? I bet it'll be a big pain..."

"Well, that's easy! We sit around and get tortured and die!" I jumped up, throwing my hands in the air with a big grin on my face.

"N-NYEEHHH?!" She yelled out, covering her face with her magician's hat. The shorter girl was visibly shaking.

"Shut it, you..." Tenko narrowed her eyes, staring at me as she jumped in. "...What gender are you?"

"Gender? What's that?" I cocked my head to the side.

She stayed quiet for a second, before clearing her throat. "Shut it, you degenerate!" She restated, pointing at me. "I'm sure we won't die! And besides... Himiko, you can use amazing powers, right?! Cuz you're a psychic and stuff?"

"I'm not a psychic, I'm a mage."

"Whooa! That's amazing! I totally wanna incorporate that into Neo-Aikido! Hey, what sorta training did you undergo to gain your awesome powers?!"

"Talking about it is too tiring..."

I suddenly got an intrusive thought to punch them, so I nudged Kokichi slightly. "Hold me back please. I'm afraid I might let loose on those idiots."

He raised his eyebrow in question, but he held my arms. I could probably break free, but hey, at least it lessened the chances.

"You're pretty lazy." Kaede stated bluntly.

THANK YOU.

Robot-guy cleared his throat. "Pardon me, but... we need to be on our guard. We do not know if and when danger will strike."

"D-Don't say that... I'm so scared... I don't know what to do..." The gremlin sniffed dramatically, a kernel of truth showing in his words.

His hands were shaking ever-so-slightly, and his grip was slightly weaker than normal, but I shrugged, looking to the other side.