chapter 13

I've been staring at the wall for around 4 hours now, questioning what my life has even come to

I've been staring at the wall for around 4 hours now, questioning what my life has even come to. It was until the morning announcements going off that I realized I hadn't got a wink of sleep again. Well, shit.

"...Rise and shine, ursine."

"Nyum, nyum... This is an official announcement from the Ultimate Academy..." Monophanie started.

"Nom, nom... It is now 8 a.m. Time to wake up... nyum nyum." Monotaro mumbled out.

Just how much of that greasy-ass food did you have?!

"What are you eating?!" Monosuke demanded.

"IT-IS-OKAY."

"What's okay!?"

"IT-IS-NOW-8 A.M... EVERYONE-WAKE-UP. UNLESS YOU-ARE-DEAD, THEN DISREGARD. LET-US-ALL-BE-POSITIVE-AND-EXCITED-TODAY..."

The monitor then shut off, leaving a pitch-black glossy screen. My body felt slightly sore, but not enough for me to feel like my muscles were about to split in half like the first time I exercised.

By the way, in case you didn't know, I absolutely despise working out. The only reason I can tolerate it is because at first, I didn't have much of a choice. I'm... not going to elaborate on that.

I'm going to skip breakfast today... I'm not very hungry, anyways. I'll ask Kirumi for her recipes later. Maybe I'll go to my research lab now-

My thought process was interrupted by a quick knock on my wall and the door opening on its own. Great.

"Well if it isn't the Ultimate Supreme Leader..." I rubbed my eyes, smiling and waving once at him. "What now? Time for the Insect-Meet and Greet?"

"Hmmm... not yet, I think." Kokichi shook his head. "Anyways! As the supreme leader, I order you to give me something to do!"

"As the Ultimate Influence, I ask you to go away." I teased.

"Wh- heyy! That's not very nice, [y/n]!" He whined, crossing his arms over his chest.

I sighed, turning around and plopping down on my bed. "Well, I was just thinking about going to my research lab..."

"Then let's go there! Chaaaarrrge!" The boy grabbed my hand and practically dragged me into the courtyard and at the shack that stored everything inside.

Kokichi opened the door and held it open for me to enter as I pulled open the trapdoor.

"...Nehehehe... u-uh.. [y/n], you'll catch me, won't you..?" He laughed nervously, seemingly regretting his decision to come with me in the first place.

I shrugged nonchalantly, a devilish grin spreading across my face. "Unless you want to chicken out, guess you'll have to trust me." And with that, I slipped down and fell, caught myself, waited for about half a minute, and stopped Kokichi from going splat.