chapter 45

Once all that adrenaline and shock wore off, I felt an immense need to just fall onto the floor, collapse, and pass out for the entirety of whatever those two were going to pull

I was also hit by a crashing wave of relief that [y/n] was okay, and that Kokichi didn't do anything concerning. But then my brain focused, and realized it was too good to be true. I seriously need to stop having faith in these two.

...We all know how that ended up last time...

I heard a loud, dramatic voice ring throughout the gym. Well, we all know who it belongs to. I winced at the noise, and it took all my self-control not to hold my hands over my ears. "Welcome to the goriest, shittiest show known to mankind!" 

Kokichi placed his hands on his hips from the other side of the gym, with a small huff. "Yeesh... can I just get to the point already?" Without warning, he pulled out... a bright pink bomb.

No. No. No.

He wasn't going to- he couldn't-

I knew I shouldn't have- lowered my guard again. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it- and why did I!? I already learnt my lesson... again... obviously he was going to do something. But something like this?! Something this drastic?

"Y'know... I was also thinking about how to end this killing game as soon as possible." The supreme leader sighed slowly, as he finished dragging in a cart of something.

Kaito nearly ran forward, his features crinkled in rage. I frantically grasped onto his wrist, trying to keep him from straight up charging at the shorter boy. I don't think I would be able to hold him back if he actually decided to, though... "You little-! What are you-!"

"I wouldn't move if I were you. At least, if you don't wanna become this li'l guy's prey." Kokichi advised brightly, tossing the bomb in his hand like it was just a toy. I swallowed thickly, as the fabric of Kaito's jacket slipping out of my fingers.

"Tha..." Whatever this person was going to say, their words were drowned out by my heart pounding obnoxiously loudly in my chest.

I want to throw up, but I can't. 

"A b-b-bomb!?"

My palms are sweating. I wiped it off on the rim of my shirt, trying to ignore how my insides felt like they were twisting together in the world's most unpleasant manner.

"Wow! What was your first hint, genius?"

My head feels hot. My hands weren't this shaky and weak before, were they? 

"Yup, it's exactly that. Which means... If you don't wanna be blown to pieces, then you need to listen to what I'm about to tell you." Kokichi said bluntly, getting up with a mischievous smile.

It feels like there's something that's stopping me from taking full breaths. I didn't know that air could smother people... well, I did, but no matter how many times it happens, it doesn't make the current any easier.