chapter 29

CLASS TRIAL: RESUME

CLASS TRIAL: RESUME

"M'kay. Each room was rigged- not just the middle one." I crossed my arms, lifting my face as if I was looking down at them. What vermin they were. Really. "Basically, I had finished my investigation, so I was heading back to my dorm. But then..."

"..."

"[n/n] found me after I fell through a floorboard in the room next to the crime scene." Kokichi finished without a trace of emotion, before brightening up again. "I was waaay too careless! Haha- thankfully, [n/n] patched me up before the class trial. Aah, I'm getting dizzy just from thinking about it..."

"Yeah. What he said." I stated dryly, sighing. I have a headache. "Well, okay. This is the part where you guys begin to panic and discuss the new info I coughed up."

"Just how long have you known that?!" Tsumugi yelped, taking a step back.

"...Uh... The truly divine only reveal when the time is right?" I bullshitted.

"Woah..."

"So the culprit prepared a trap in all three empty rooms, not just the middle one." Kiibo summarized.

"If the culprit set traps in all the rooms, then they wouldn't need to select a room themselves." Maki added on, frowning.

"So the real trap was for someone else to pick a room and take the blame!" Kaito repeated loudly.

"..." Kiyo's eyes widened, as he covered his masked face with shock. Probably thinking of another way to weasel out of this tight space he got stuck in. "I see... We were caught in the culprit's trap all along."

"You know, here's a survival tip..."  I trailed off, jerking to my head to the side as a wide grin spread across my face. "The people that are quick to blame... are usually the ones responsible."

"I was simply-"

"Ah, but of course you guys wouldn't listen to psychological clues." I laughed it off, waving my hand in the air sleepily.

But here's one to keep in mind- if you think someone's watching you, yawn and they'll yawn back.

"And... where was I? Oh, right. Guess I'll expose you, right here and now." I pointed a finger at Kiyo. "Don't worry, Shu. I'll let you have all the glory once we move onto Angie's case. Ahahaa~!"

"You guys ever wonder how the fuck nobody else stepped through the floorboard before the culprit used it?"

"Y'know, as a self-proclaimed expert of stepping through floorboards, that is pretty weird."

"It must've been barrier magic!" Himiko deducted brightly.

School wasn't your fucking strong suit, was it? I referenced bluntly, raising an eyebrow. "No, no, you're the only one who can do magic here... The culprit- or, Kiyo, used the magic circle that he drew."